Wise county success Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wise county success Part II

I posted last month that my daughter Lea got a great buck with her bow on our low fence family farm in Wise county. It was the best deer we’ve killed out there. Her deer is the first pic.

Well another nontypical started to show up and we recognized him from last year. He had these 2 clusters of horns with barely any tine length last year.

He was pretty regular at one of our stands this October and then he disappeared in mid-November. We hunted there this week and I was in the stand yesterday morning looking over a wheat field. Just small bucks. Since we hadn’t seen him for 2-3 weeks on cams I decided to get out of the stand and rattle in the area I thought he bedded. The wind was right to get to a clear cut surrounded by really thick woods.

I rattle the first sequence and it was like he read the script. One minute after I finished he appeared walking toward me from downwind about 150 yds. I couldn’t believe it. I saw he was busted up but I didn’t realize he had lost 3 on his right and 2 on his left. I had to make a quick decision and decided whatever was busted the taxi could fix it.

By the way, when I cleaned him his he 60+ acorns in his gut - most were swallows whole (didn’t know they did that). It made sense that he disappeared for 2 weeks chasing does and eating acorns.
    Attached Files

Another pic
    Attached Files

Comment

Both deer are awesome!! Congrats!

Comment

Congratulations man. Great buck!

Comment

Love it when a plan comes together. Thats a GREAT deer, congrats !!!!!!!!1

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Some nice bucks

Comment

Congratulations on getting a real nice buck!

Comment

Based on the game cam pics, what do you think he’ll score? He’s already at the taxi and he’ll be recreating as best he can the broken tines

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Great bucks. Congrats

Comment

congrats!

Comment

Still a great looking buck, congrats.

Comment

congrats on both deer.

Comment

Congrats on both deer. you got to love Wise county

Comment

Working...
                              X