Interesting story on the Covid vaccine developers from Rice University

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting story on the Covid vaccine developers from Rice University

Their football team sucks , but Owl weenies can compete with the best scientists out there!

This is a story of two college roommates in 1971, one from a small town in Kansas and the other from Spring Branch in Houston who become medical doctors with different career paths, then many years later wound up in research for two different competing Pharma companies and coincidentally become the lead scientists to develop the Pfizer and Moderna Covid vaccines. Fate?

Fostering diversity and an intellectual environment, Rice University is a comprehensive research university located on a 300-acre tree-lined campus in Houston, Texas. Rice produces the next generation of leaders and advances tomorrow’s thinking.

That's an awesome story!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
      Their football team sucks , but Owl weenies can compete with the best scientists out there!

This is a story of two college roommates in 1971, one from a small town in Kansas and the other from Spring Branch in Houston who become medical doctors with different career paths, then many years later wound up in research for two different competing Pharma companies and coincidentally become the lead scientists to develop the Pfizer and Moderna Covid vaccines. Fate?

https://magazine.rice.edu/2021/01/so...wf46UsL_roqdbg
      Keep believing buddy!

Comment

My grandfather is in the hospital with complications from his second vaccine. Life threatening.

Comment

That is cool Randy - Rice is a great school and turns out some incredible minds. I can only think of one graduate from Rice that aint the sharpest tool in the shed.

Eradicator. Sorry for your grandfather’s health. I hope he is able to recover. Like any vaccine there are risks. These two MRNA vaccines have unknown risks and unknown side effects. They should put it out as a “right to try” medication in my opinion.

It is amazing the medical science since this virus started. Hopefully technology will come to help combat future viruses
          Last edited by glen; 02-18-2021, 06:22 PM.

Comment

My 93 yr old grandmother has received both shots she had mild discomfort in her arm thats it. I know several people who have had it with 0 issues, some will have bad reactions but the vast majority will be fine.

Comment

Very cool story!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Brown View Post
                My 93 yr old grandmother has received both shots she had mild discomfort in her arm thats it. I know several people who have had it with 0 issues, some will have bad reactions but the vast majority will be fine.
                My mom had a very bad reaction to the second vaccine. Headaches, nausea, diarrhea. It was a rough 36 hrs for her afterwards. No reaction at all to first shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                  That is cool Randy - Rice is a great school and turns out some incredible minds. I can only think of one graduate from Rice that aint the sharpest tool in the shed.

Eradicator. Sorry for your grandfather’s health. I hope he is able to recover. Like any vaccine there are risks. These two MRNA vaccines have unknown risks and unknown side effects. They should put it out as a “right to try” medication in my opinion.

It is amazing the medical science since this virus started. Hopefully technology will come to help combat future viruses
                  Well, old rusty tools need resharpening occasionally!

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Brown View Post
                    You could use that exact wording ^^^ to describe covid.

Comment

I live in Spring Branch in Houston, very cool story, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                      X