Son looking for work, Ag professional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Son looking for work, Ag professional

The seed company my son worked for sold and he was let go 6 months later. Long story but he didn’t screw anything up. Sad thing is he was in office the day before Thanksgiving and new owner called him on the phone and said he was done. No warning and no courage to do it in peraon.

He has a degree in Plant Science/Agronomy. Lot of experience growing/consulting/production/customer relationships with both growers and buyers.

He is 29. I know age doesn’t matter but it can. He ain’t afraid of work. Any tips or referrals would be appreciated. He is knocking on every door and contact he can think of. Thought I’d post it here too.

If this needs to go in another area, moderator just let me know or move it. Thanks. God Bless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe check with ricetec. Think that’s how they spell it

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Perhaps the Texas Department of Agriculture is a good fit.

Comment

Good Uck to your Son.

Comment

BIL took a job in Iowa, was not happy how his company was treating down here. Seems to be enjoying it as of now. I’m happy because I can use one of his tags to hunt

Comment

I will sent you a PM with my number.

-john

Comment

Check USA Jobs, USDA-Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) is actually hiring outside of the agency now.

Comment

HEB also hires people with that type of degree in their procurement group. I guess they work with the farmers.

Comment

Turner Seed in Breckenridge might be a good resource for him. Probably best he moves on if that is the way they are going to treat folks.

Comment

It might help to list his alma mater, especially if it was TAMU. Also have him check out Texas A&M Agrilife Extension as a potential source of employment.

Comment

Golf courses?

That degree shouldn't be a problem getting work. Good luck

Comment

Working...
                        X