What if....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if....

This recent power outage was 20 years in the future and the greenies have had their way with a much larger percentage of electric vehicles on the road. What would all of those folks done? Generators to charge their car? If fire trucks, ambulances, police vehicles, etc were all electric, seems like it’d be a lot more chaotic.

Just thoughts from my tiny brain....

I would hope 20 years from now the tech would be much more advanced, but that being said I don't believe we will ever be 100% electric.

Comment

What about that amazing electric train they want us to donate our land to and help pay for ?

Comment

Originally posted by dustin_mud View Post
        I would hope 20 years from now the tech would be much more advanced, but that being said I don't believe we will ever be 100% electric.
        No matter how advanced the EV technology gets, they’ll still have to be charged.

Comment

In 20yrs, I'm gonna guess our battery tech, will be night and day difference from what we now have.
          Storing energy, is the only thing currently holding us back.
          Big Frigging Problem though
          Lots of resources being dumped into that research currently.

Comment

Originally posted by dustin_mud View Post
            I’m pretty sure we were supposed to have flying cars by now, yet the masses began hoarding TP about 11 months ago due to an upper respiratory infection.

Comment

I hear what your saying but the electricity problem could have been an issue for us fossil fuel burners eventually.....

If the pumps can't pump, we have no fuel in the short term.

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
                No matter how advanced the EV technology gets, they’ll still have to be charged.
                Yes, but the range might be a lot longer and maybe charging with solar. Who knows what might be in 20 years, it's a long time in the tech world. All that being said I'll always own fuel burners but I don't mind seeing EV tech growing

Comment

It would have been bad

Comment

Ah, we only have 9 years left

Comment

We would have used our car batteries to help power our electric appliance and would have had an easy source of energy to help maintain. Who was driving in that crap anyway?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s weird...central heat wasn’t common until 1950. In the words of Johnny Lawrence we are a buncha pu$$ies!

They couldn’t charge the electric cars, iPhones, watch TV, play Xbox or get Frappuccino’s.
                        I on the other hand might have split logs a wee bit smaller, and fired up a generator or worst case scenario I’d made my family put on extra layers of clothes (like they did before the 50’s), fired up a lantern and played card games with my kids and made memories! Know what I wouldn’t have done? Beeched about it!
                        Last edited by Playa; 02-25-2021, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                          It’s weird...central heat wasn’t common until 1950. In the words of Johnny Lawrence we are a buncha pu$$ies!

They couldn’t charge the electric cars, iPhones, watch TV, play Xbox or get Frappuccino’s.
                          I on the other hand might have split logs a wee bit smaller, and fired up a generator or worst case scenario I’d made my family put on extra layers of clothes (like they did before the 50’s), fired up a lantern and played card games with my kids and made memories! Know what I wouldn’t have done? Beeched about it!
                          Amen

Comment

Amish didn’t skip a beat.

Comment

This still doesn’t make sense to me. Vehicle batteries 10 years ago (or longer) would have a life much longer than they currently do. Batteries on lawn mowers, four wheelers sxs’s etc are all junk!!

Comment

Working...
                              X