• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get where he is coming from. As there are many tire kickers on here

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
      Agree
      He is probably losing more business potential just to avoid the tire kickers if that’s his tactic. Not a sound business practice IMO
      If it works for him and he’s filling his leases then what’s the problem?

There’s plenty demand vs supply of good places to hunt. I don’t necessarily agree with it and I personally wouldn’t pay a dime just to see a place. Sounds like it’s working for him though.

Comment

Originally posted by jacoblopez View Post
        I made a thread a few weeks ago where I was beginning my lease search since withdrawing from dental school and moving back to Texas.

I saw an ad on Facebook and contacted the guy. He then sent me a link that brought me to a website called Adventures Missions & Retreats. On the website there are several tracks of land for lease, and it states that to hold your spot you need to either pay in full or put a 50% deposit down.

Now the kicker is, is that we aren’t able to view the property without either paying in full or putting the deposit down. It says on the website that if we aren’t satisfied with the property on our visit (after we’ve paid at least 50% mins you), we would be refunded our money.

That seems kind of fishy to me.

What do you my TBH’rs think?

Have any of you dealt with anyone through this website?

https://adventureministry.ecwid.com/
        Can you clarify?

Does he literally ask for 50% before you meet him at the property or was it because it would be a few days/weeks before you could meet him at the property?

Can you call and ask him if you can bring the deposit in cash and AFTER you view the property give him the money if you like it? He can see the money when you meet him at the gate.

Can't expect him to hold the lease for weeks just so you can go see it and then decide. Heck nearly every person on TBH bashed the truck buyer for not putting down a hold deposit when he was 3 hours out and driving to the dealership.

Comment

I have never met the man but I do have a friend that has hunted with him. My friend has said that he is a stand up guy. That was 5 years ago so take it for what its worth.

Comment

Google is your friend. Run. Run very fast and far.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
              Can you clarify?

Does he literally ask for 50% before you meet him at the property or was it because it would be a few days/weeks before you could meet him at the property?

Can you call and ask him if you can bring the deposit in cash and AFTER you view the property give him the money if you like it? He can see the money when you meet him at the gate.

Can't expect him to hold the lease for weeks just so you can go see it and then decide. Heck nearly every person on TBH bashed the truck buyer for not putting down a hold deposit when he was 3 hours out and driving to the dealership.
              On the website it states: "** If you pay online you have the option to come out and view the property, and if upon your initial trip you decide the property is not for you, we will return your lease payment.**"

I copied that straight from the website.

I haven't talked to him yet, but was going to call today just to inquire.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                I get where he is coming from. As there are many tire kickers on here

Would you do it? Would you pay $1500 up front to see a property in hopes that you like it ? And in hopes he returns it should you not like it?

Comment

Aint no way.... part of what you have to do, to lease somebody land, is show them around. If you don't want to do that, go do something else. So like mentioned before, if you're a car salesman, part of your job is letting folks "test drive" the car. Some will buy it, some wont.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                    Would you pay a 50% deposit to look at a truck you were thinking about buying ?
                    Took the words out of my mouth
                    No way

Comment

The crazy thing is apparently enough people are willing to send this guy money that he keeps this stipulation in place

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                        The crazy thing is apparently enough people are willing to send this guy money that he keeps this stipulation in place

Would you do it? Would you pay $1500 up front to see a property in hopes that you like it ? And in hopes he returns it should you not like it?

Would you charge somebody to do the same?

Comment

I don’t know him have no business dealings with him but like others have seen ppl happy with the set up and some not. His name is Scott Huggins I believe, you can google and see what you find. Another hunter on THF was supposed to go hunt this past weekend at a ranch. I can see what his review was of he’s posted anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            I would in a heartbeat...on one stipulation. I'm gonna need you fellers to pitch in and front the money for me. If I don't like the lease, I'll get the refund and send y'all your refunds once I get it

In all serious tho, I wouldn't do it. I don't know that I would trust a broker these days to send them $1,500 on the condition that they will get it back to me if I don't like the lease. But thats just me. There are a bunch of fellas here on TBH that I would do that with, I'm 100% confident of more than just a few things with that list of folks tho

Comment

Whole lot of nope

Comment

Zero chance with that payment structure. He may be good as gold but too much risk on your end and absolutely none on his. Before I lease a place/spot, I need pictures of the deer on the lease from the last few years, an area map with actual acre counts, as well as to be taken directly to the spot I am going to be hunting for me to view. If those things don't happen. I don't lease. Only other way around that is to have a very trustworthy friend view the place for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X