AR-15 Build??? What caliber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AR-15 Build??? What caliber

I have a 556 complete upper i won’t use that I wanna change out to another caliber. I have never done this so any insight will be great. This will mostly be parts swapping instead of building.

What caliber would be best fit in your opinion? I’ve been researching and narrows down to a few. 350 legend, 22 nosler or maybe 6.5 grendel.

Grendel for sure !!

Comment

My .556 has been in purgatory for 5 years since I got my grendel.

Comment

Whatever you have the most ammo for .
        If ammo isn't a issue then the Grendel.

Comment

Why wont you use .223/5.56?

Comment

6.8spc aka 6.8 special pig caliber

Comment

I stopped shooting my 556 and ended up selling on this forum. I never shot it after I got the Grendel. Even shot an Axis spike with it this past weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
                Why wont you use .223/5.56?
                Have a bolt gun I prefer to use.

Comment

Looks like grendel is popular. I should’ve bought ammo last week when academy had 10 boxes on the shelf.

Comment

Did I mention to get the Grendel !!

Comment

My 8yo grandson hunts with mine and will until he might decide he wants something else.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I absolutely love my grendel! Have shot hogs and coyotes, skunk, and as of this year my 10pt WT (was expecting hogs and coyotes and he walked out before 7am!)

Comment

I guess I should’ve mentioned I have a new 7.62x39 AR now. The 6.5grendel is very close to that round if I’m reading right.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                            I guess I should’ve mentioned I have a new 7.62x39 AR now. The 6.5grendel is very close to that round if I’m reading right.
                            Maybe in bullet weight, but no way you get the range, accuracy and terminal performance out of 7.62x39 that you can in 6.5 grendel

Of course if you are only planning on shooting out to a couple hundred yards the difference is probably not a factor.
                            Last edited by Clay C; 01-19-2021, 12:50 PM.

Comment

I love my Grendel but finding ammo is a challenge. I have enough but would more so I could target shoot more.

Have you considered a 300 blackout? If so I have a new unused upper that we could would out trade values on and swap.

And yes if you see Grendel ammo in academy pick up your 3 boxes. You can always help a tbh brother out and resale to us.

Comment

Working...
                              X