X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First burn on my place in NE Texas

Wish I could post videos...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One part of me wants to burn my whole place off, the other side says I will burn most of the county

Comment

I use to do a lot of prescribed burns. Man I miss it....

Comment

You won't regret it!

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
          One part of me wants to burn my whole place off, the other side says I will burn most of the county
          There are pros that do it more reasonable than you might expect. They handle everything including liability insurance. Might be worth looking into. A couple years ago I got a quote of about $40 an acre.

Comment

Curious as I've never done one before, but need to clear ALOT of underbrush on my place...do you have a professional come and do the prescribed burn, or is this something you do yourself with help?

Comment

Originally posted by LlanoHunter10 View Post
              Curious as I've never done one before, but need to clear ALOT of underbrush on my place...do you have a professional come and do the prescribed burn, or is this something you do yourself with help?

Did ourselves. My buddy has done multiple. We used some guys on our first few on his place. Then started doing ourselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks good. Congratulations. The best thing you can do for wildlife.

Comment

You guys are welcome to come down and help me do mine near Crockett.

Comment

On a side note. Anyone ever had a fire get out of control and burn your neighbors property or had a neighbor let one get out of control and burn your place? What happens next? Are you liable for all damages if your fire gets out and burns a neighbors barn down?

Comment

Tagged. I have some land I’d like to burn.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                        There are pros that do it more reasonable than you might expect. They handle everything including liability insurance. Might be worth looking into. A couple years ago I got a quote of about $40 an acre.
                        $40 an acre!? 🤯

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post

I concur. I would like to try it, but worried I will burn everyone else down too

Comment

I'm a pyro.

Fire is a very good, underutilized tool.

Comment

We burn our hay field every other year. We make a very good donation to the volunteer fire department, they cone out and “ supervise” and then BBQ. It’s a grand ole time.

Comment

Working...
                              X