2020 Handgun Harvests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2020 Handgun Harvests

I started this thread last year and it had moderate interest so I thought I would start another one for this year. Please post up anything you kill with a handgun this year.

Got my first handgun kill of the year, today.

What a great morning. Shot this Axis doe at about 45 yards with my Smith 460 XVR. Complete pass through and about a 30 yard recovery. I have hunted with handguns for almost 20 years and virtually every ranch I hunt in Texas has exotics on them. This was my very first handgun exotic kill. I’ve killed plenty with a bow, just never had the opportunity with a handgun. This is some of the finest eating meat there is, in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on the doe!

I hope to add my own LDP to this thread later in the year.

Comment

Do rattlesnakes count? I’ve killed a few around the house with rat shot.

Comment

.460 is on my shortlist. It definitely has intrigued me. I assume you are liking yours.
        Can you give some specifics on your ammo?
        Factory or hand loads, weight and bullet type? Velocity?

Congratulations on the axis!

Comment

Originally posted by cattlelackranch View Post
          .460 is on my shortlist. It definitely has intrigued me. I assume you are liking yours.
          Can you give some specifics on your ammo?
          Factory or hand loads, weight and bullet type? Velocity?

Congratulations on the axis!
          Thanks for asking. I absolutely love this gun. Disturbingly accurate with several loads. The load I’m using right now (this morning) is also what I’m taking to Colorado this fall for elk.

Hand loaded 250 grain Barnes XPB pushed by a max book load of H110. My average velocity with this combination is 2051 FPS.

Comment

Comment

^Oh hell yes...

Comment

So what caliber and suppressor are you running

Comment

Wow!

Comment

6.5 creedmoor And 7mm08. For which can, I will look tomorrow we are hunting. Those are from this year , last year we shot 20 with the pistol .

Comment

no pics but does three moccasins with a snub nose charter arms .38 with rat shot count?

Comment

They all count with a short barrel!

Comment

First handgun kill of the season. 54 yard shot on this gobbler with my Ruger SBH 41 magnum. DRT.

Comment

Good shooting fellas!! My 10mm is getting milled for a red dot right now and then I hope to contribute some photos shortly after!

Comment

Congratulations on the handgun kills. I've been hunting with them for 35+ years. Hopefully will add a pic here soon, but I'm holding out for a big boy.

Comment

Working...
                              X