No announcement yet.

Double whitetail pedestal cedar log mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You better put weight on that equal to your mounts before you nail down the balance. Since they aren’t equally spaced from the center it’s going to affect balance a lot.

Comment

Awesome bucks and mount!

Comment

Coming along nicely

Comment

After getting it leveled and balanced, I added trim along with bottom (and learned to always double check cuts before making them) and along the top. After a little filling in the gaps with wood putty and letting it dry, I stained the trim and got one coat of matte clear sprayed on it.

And that's where we stand at this point. Taxidermist called me last week and said my bucks are ready, so plan is to take the base down to his shop so we can set the heads, then I will clear the cedar log. Still not sure if I'm going to do a matte or gloss finish on it at this point so we'll see how it shakes out. Also planning on adding some type of rock accent to the base to cover the center part that's open. Will keep you posted as it comes to a close soon hopefully!
          Attached Files

Comment

I guess I should add, the original plan was to add a round cedar slab on top of each upright for the mounts to sit, but after some talking with my taxi, we scrapped that idea and are currently planning on shaping the tops of the logs to look like beaver logs and will also be making one side shorter than the other to offset some weight from the mounts.

Comment

Wow this thread is killing my productivity while "working from home"

Comment

Looking good. Your reference is exactly the one that I picked out from the internet. Actually called Palermo to see if I could buy one. Hoping you attach the final product. I may have to go the DIY route as well.

Comment

This is going to be awesome.

Comment

Wow that is a sweet mount!

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

That looks awesome!!

Comment

Nice !

Comment

This is looking nice so far!