No announcement yet.

The 2020 Thermal & Night Vision Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok I'm intrigued with the Wraith. How would it hold up on a 458 socom?

Comment

I got the Wraith HD night vision as my introduction piece, but I'm in the market for a thermal to use for spotting purposes.
      Anyone selling an older unit ?? Pm me please

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
        I got the Wraith HD night vision as my introduction piece, but I'm in the market for a thermal to use for spotting purposes.
        Anyone selling an older unit ?? Pm me please
        I've been thinking about the same thing.

GS or Jason, any advice on the cheaper hand helds? By cheaper I'm talking about something in the $300-$500 range like the Leupold quest. Would something like that work? I see the range on the Leupold is ~300 yds which is fine for me. If that is the only limitation, I could make that work. With that said, I know nothing about thermal so I have no clue what would work and not work, especially in a hunting situation. I have also seen the Seek phone attachments but I'm guessing those wouldn't work in a hunting situation.

Comment

Originally posted by cehorn View Post
          I've been thinking about the same thing.

GS or Jason, any advice on the cheaper hand helds? By cheaper I'm talking about something in the $300-$500 range like the Leupold quest. Would something like that work? I see the range on the Leupold is ~300 yds which is fine for me. If that is the only limitation, I could make that work. With that said, I know nothing about thermal so I have no clue what would work and not work, especially in a hunting situation. I have also seen the Seek phone attachments but I'm guessing those wouldn't work in a hunting situation.

Jason and Hand has covered the Leupold in a couple episodes of the podcast. I think in these two:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
            That's not right. The Thermion may have a better image than the Trail, but it doesn't have better battery life, and the Trail has the same 3 profiles (with 3 sets of distance coordinates for each, so actually 9 profiles if you wanted to go nuts with it).
            The thermion has 5 profiles with 10 distance settings. So I should have said a couple extra profiles. And to me the battery life is better than my buddies Trails.

And you're wrong Mr FancyPants, the trail has 3 profiles with 5 settings each making it 15 total. At least the latest/newest trail models do.

agree to disagree
            Last edited by txoutdoorsman24; 01-09-2020, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Beat me to it. That 5 profiles is awesome, whether you use all five or not. The fact that you can is perfect. Kinda makes one scope into five scopes. Justifies the price more in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rossivey View Post
                Beat me to it. That 5 profiles is awesome, whether you use all five or not. The fact that you can is perfect. Kinda makes one scope into five scopes. Justifies the price more in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
                Sure does. Makes me want my own now. But I'll borrow one for a while until I'm not broke and poor

Comment

Thermaled my first boar of the year thanks to a cell game cam and a brisk 700 yard jog! Nothing like a 6x zoom at 60 yards (FLIR 736) to string the bullet through some thick brush!
                  Click here for video.

Comment

I have a REAP and am intrigued about the HALO and the 3.5 zoom.

Pulsar was smart and forced another upgrade by discontinuing the Trail model and adding a LRF and adding $500 also. They know what they are doing since they got into the market and taken a good chunk of it with their thermal scopes.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Archery View Post
                      Thermaled my first boar of the year thanks to a cell game cam and a brisk 700 yard jog! Nothing like a 6x zoom at 60 yards (FLIR 736) to string the bullet through some thick brush!
                      Click here for video.

Man I wish their video looked like that thru the eyepiece. Their videos are legit and so much better then the actual eyepiece.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                        The thermion has 5 profiles with 10 distance settings. So I should have said a couple extra profiles. And to me the battery life is better than my buddies Trails.

And you're wrong Mr FancyPants, the trail has 3 profiles with 5 settings each making it 15 total. At least the latest/newest trail models do.

agree to disagree
                        Oh man! You are right. I did not know the Thermion had 5 x 10. The Trail actually has 3 x 10. Here's the manual. Both are way more than any reasonable person will ever need.

And I forgot that, although the Thermion external battery is only 2000 mAh vs the Trail's 5000 mAh, the Thermion also has that 3200 mAh internal batt. My bad.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                          Oh man! You are right. I did not know the Thermion had 5 x 10. The Trail actually has 3 x 10. Here's the manual. Both are way more than any reasonable person will ever need.

And I forgot that, although the Thermion external battery is only 2000 mAh vs the Trail's 5000 mAh, the Thermion also has that 3200 mAh internal batt. My bad.
                          You are forgiven my son!

But yea, way too many settings. 3 maybe 4 is enough for anyone. Now lets go hunt sometime.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	887B7BA3-14B3-4D68-AF49-D66249D12C97.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	24604582

Wraith strikes again !!!

Comment

How many of you guys are hunting between sulfur springs and Winnsboro?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JRM View Post
                                How many of you guys are hunting between sulfur springs and Winnsboro?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m down on the coast but in Longview for work. Y’all are a target rich environment up here!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X