Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been following this...good info. Thanks

Comment

My truck did this same thing for a year !
      Finally threw a code, it was the VVT. Sensors.

Comment

Side of the trans on the passenger side right by the cat converter... its in a great spot

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

The friction fluid did wonders! Noise completely went away.

Also had a grinding noise happening when transitioning from 3rd to 4th gear. Researched showed it is usually the Vacuum line for the 4wh/hubs. 22$ part at the dealer ship. Switched that out and all was good.

Appreciate the help again guys!

Comment

Glad you got it taken care of.

Comment

Be sure to give us an update in a couple weeks. I have a 17 as well.....

Comment

I had a bad stutter on my 03 E350. Didn’t know what it was and heard both engine transmission etc. my plugs had been changed at 150,000 so I thought maybe fuel injectors or fuel system clog MAS etc. Googled it and found it could be coil on plugs. So at approximately 175,000 I switched out the coils. WOW what a difference and no more bucking and stuttering. It was a 5.4L but sounds very similar. I actually got a complete set of generic coils for $65 off amazon. Took me all of 1.5 hrs to change them.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                  The friction fluid did wonders! Noise completely went away.

Also had a grinding noise happening when transitioning from 3rd to 4th gear. Researched showed it is usually the Vacuum line for the 4wh/hubs. 22$ part at the dealer ship. Switched that out and all was good.

Appreciate the help again guys!
                  Awesome, glad you had success with the fluid!

Comment

It drives me crazy that they have the same issues for multiple years and never find a way to fix it for good. I have a 2018 F150 and had to get the cam phasers fixed at 50,000 miles. Luckily it was under warranty, but this is a known issue for MANY years. In fact, there were five there at that moment getting cam phasers fixed!

My truck has had an issue with shudder but appears to be a transmission issue (wrong gear). It only happens occasionally but I worry worse things are on the horizon.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by orchard View Post
                      Be sure to give us an update in a couple weeks. I have a 17 as well.....
                      Man I dropped that truck like a box of rocks and I’m in a new to me f250. Couldn’t chance 4-6k in repairs

Comment

Someone got a good truck after the dealership changed out the coil packs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by super_dave View Post
                          Someone got a good truck after the dealership changed out the coil packs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          I got a better truck so all good in the hood. Thanks for the 45 day late help

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                            Truck just started it this week. Thought I was going crazy and running over rumble strips every now and then. Pulled a trailer Thursday and realized I wasn’t going crazy and it was my truck and not the road. It was initially few and far between and in 4-5-6 gears but it got to the point it was happening every 10-20 seconds. Inter webs said add some shudder mix or change trans fluid and should help. Took it to a shop for them to look at it and they said there’s shaving in the fluid and I’m looking at 1500-3000$ depending on how bad the tranny looks..... Anyone experienced this? If so any cheaper alternatives to help me get by another couple months?

Thanks
                            It wont' hurt anything to try some of the torque convertor shudder additives. If they don't fix it, then start saving money for a rebuild. I can tell you that stuff works wonders.

Back in the 90s, after the Power Strokes came out, Ford started having lots of problems with the E4ODs, mainly behind the Power Strokes, but we also saw a lot of 4R70Ws in Crown Victorias, Grand Marquis and Town Cars, that had the same problem. For quite a while, we were replacing torque convertors. At one point a customer told us that some transmission shops were putting a torque convertor shudder additive in the transmissions and fixing them, not doing anything else. We did not believe it. Then a few months later, Ford came out with a TSB, telling us to use a torque convertor shudder additive. The TSB, said that was fixing most of the convertor shudders. So we tried it and fixed a bunch of them. Since leaving the dealer, I have had multiple come to me, for various problems, some were torque convertor shudder, then one would just slam when up shifting or down shifting. I fixed all of them by just adding a good torque convertor additive.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                              It wont' hurt anything to try some of the torque convertor shudder additives. If they don't fix it, then start saving money for a rebuild. I can tell you that stuff works wonders.

Back in the 90s, after the Power Strokes came out, Ford started having lots of problems with the E4ODs, mainly behind the Power Strokes, but we also saw a lot of 4R70Ws in Crown Victorias, Grand Marquis and Town Cars, that had the same problem. For quite a while, we were replacing torque convertors. At one point a customer told us that some transmission shops were putting a torque convertor shudder additive in the transmissions and fixing them, not doing anything else. We did not believe it. Then a few months later, Ford came out with a TSB, telling us to use a torque convertor shudder additive. The TSB, said that was fixing most of the convertor shudders. So we tried it and fixed a bunch of them. Since leaving the dealer, I have had multiple come to me, for various problems, some were torque convertor shudder, then one would just slam when up shifting or down shifting. I fixed all of them by just adding a good torque convertor additive.
                              Dude traded the truck 3 months ago....

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                                Dude traded the truck 3 months ago....

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                                Yea, I just read the responses. Oh, well. Same old BS, they still have not gotten those lock up convertors to be reliable. But then they really have not made any of the new stuff reliable. Some day they need to back up, actually figure out how to make the components that they have had problems with for years work reliably, then after they have those problems solved, then worry about trying new ideas. But like Dodge has done for years, don't get something to work correctly, just make a big jump into something much more complex, that you don't know anything about and hope for the best. Basically just create new problems, to go with the old problems they never solved.

Comment

Working...
                                X