Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9 dollars at Tractor Supply in Orange

Comment

Should have seen this coming. China has to buy under the Phase One Trade deal.

It was $7.50 2 weeks ago here. I hope my neighbor is getting some benefit from this. He farms a lot of land in corn and cotton.

Comment

6.99/50 at bucees in Fort Worth

Comment

Might be over 10$ a bag in the fall, corn and soybeans are up bigtime. Been a long time since prices have been this good.

Comment

May as well just feed protein

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hchntr View Post
              May as well just feed protein

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Or not feed at all.
              I like killing deer, not feeding them!!

Comment

Just curious. Anyone know how many bags of corn you fill per feeder per year? Just trying to gauge the increase.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintBlaise View Post
                  Just curious. Anyone know how many bags of corn you fill per feeder per year? Just trying to gauge the increase.
                  I generally feed a 50 pound sack per week per feeder during the season and then turn it down once it greens up in the spring. Two feeders per rifle stand. So probably 40 sacks per year per feeder.
                  Last edited by Capt Glenn; 01-20-2021, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                    Might be over 10$ a bag in the fall, corn and soybeans are up bigtime. Been a long time since prices have been this good.
                    Hopefully it trends up. Been a rough last few years for a lot of folks around here.

I seriously doubt any deer will starve I know they won’t notice much difference on my places.

Comment

Bucees still cheapest.

Comment

Stopped at La Grange Farm & Ranch yesterday and picked up a couple of 50# bags of corn for $6.95 each.

The cattle feed has jumped up (higher cost for the protein)

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
                          I generally feed a 50 pound sack per week per feeder during the season and then turn it down once it greens up in the spring. Two feeders per rifle stand. So probably 40 sacks per year per feeder.
                          This sounds about right for me as well. I would figure about 40-45 bags per year, per feeder. One feeder per location.

I do tend to dump about 50-100 lbs of road corn/feed pen corn per location per week during season though, so that is another 40 bags per year additional per location.

Edit: I really wish you guys wouldn’t have brought this up. Now I just realized how much I am spending on feed. That, and I pretty much feed soybean/corn mix as well, so it isn’t cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                            Biden giving it all to China.
                            That makes a lot of sense, raise our taxes, stop oil and gas production here, bump our fuel prices way up, then sell off all our corn to his commie buddies, who help him get in office.

Comment

Originally posted by Czechoholic View Post
                              Stopped at La Grange Farm & Ranch yesterday and picked up a couple of 50# bags of corn for $6.95 each.

The cattle feed has jumped up (higher cost for the protein)
                              That’s good to know and it’s cheaper if you buy it by the pallet.

Comment

Working...
                              X