AR-15 Build??? What caliber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
    I have a 556 complete upper i won’t use that I wanna change out to another caliber. I have never done this so any insight will be great. This will mostly be parts swapping instead of building.

What caliber would be best fit in your opinion? I’ve been researching and narrows down to a few. 350 legend, 22 nosler or maybe 6.5 grendel.
    Do you want to sell the complete upper?

Comment

25-45 Sharps

Comment

Originally posted by Horn chaser View Post
        I have just finished building both a 6.5 grendel and .300 Ham'r. Both are great rounds.
        I wa trading up on the 300 ham’r a little bit today. Seems like a cool round but I have no knowledge of it. Report back if you can after some range time please.
        Originally posted by eaglegolfj View Post
        Do you want to sell the complete upper?
        I did have it for sale for a couple days but have decided to do this. Money talks I guess as I have yet to do anything. PM me if interested.

Comment

Sounds boring but I'd go with a plain .223/5.56 because when times are good you can find it anywhere. And if times get really bad you can find it anywhere. The way I got it figured is if times get real tough I ain't gotta have a lot of ammo to start off with. Just enough to take your ammo.

I have a .223, so I think everyone else should have one or two too. And a ton of ammo.
          Last edited by okrattler; 01-20-2021, 02:02 AM.

Comment

why not shoot the highest BC u can in the ar15 platform another vote for the grendel

Comment

458 SOCOM is my favorite. Tons of power, headspaces on the shoulder, Sammi standard chamber specs and reamers. Best of all Ammo and Brass have never been sold out for that caliber, it's here to stay.

Comment

I’ve been thinking Grendel, but not having much luck finding uppers, much less ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Horn chaser View Post
                  I have just finished building both a 6.5 grendel and .300 Ham'r. Both are great rounds.
                  How do you like the Ham'r?

Comment

No contest, Grendel if you can find ammo for it these days!

Comment

grendel for sure. TBH turned me on to this caliber and it has become one of my favorites.

Comment

I have or have had all of the above mentioned calibers. Sold the 6.8, love the 7.62x39. The Grendel works fine, but the 350 Legend is probably the most accurate AR I have ever fired. With the Winchester 180 gr. ammo it will touch 3 shots at a hundred. It makes me look good, and I am not that great a shot. Also works really well on pigs and coons.

Comment

Originally posted by PoppinPiggies View Post
                          6.8spc aka 6.8 special pig caliber
                          Yep

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                            How do you like the Ham'r?
                            Only have a few rounds through it so far. Sighted it in and making sure its operating like it should be is all I have done but it looks like it will be a good solid gun. Need to get out and find some pigs so I can see how it performs.

Comment

AR-15 Build??? What caliber

I have had great success with 6.8 SPC but if I switched it would be Grendel.

6.8 is optimized on 16” barrel where Grendel likes a longer tube if that matters to you.

Grendel doesn’t show any advantages until you stretch yardage out to 3-400+
                              Last edited by bboswell; 01-22-2021, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Love my 6.8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X