Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D/FW Lasik: Dr. Carter Or Kleiman-Evangelista?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D/FW Lasik: Dr. Carter Or Kleiman-Evangelista?

If price is the same, which of these would you use?
    If K-E, which office (I'd prefer the Arlington office due to location)?
    Any personal input for these 2?
    Thanks!

i dont think there are many if any repeat shoppers, like saying "this krogers blows, lets go to HEB from now on"...

when i did mine i visited kleiman, carter, tylock and boothe for eye test/screening. boothe noticed a thing or 2 about my vision/astigmatism that the others didnt mention or ask about. his questions and answers made me feel the most confident and comfortable. i went with boothe and still have perfect vision 13yrs later. my next choice was kleiman

Comment

Originally posted by red View Post
      i dont think there are many if any repeat shoppers, like saying "this krogers blows, lets go to HEB from now on"...

when i did mine i visited kleiman, carter, tylock and boothe for eye test/screening. boothe noticed a thing or 2 about my vision/astigmatism that the others didnt mention or ask about. his questions and answers made me feel the most confident and comfortable. i went with boothe and still have perfect vision 13yrs later. my next choice was kleiman
      Just read Boothe retired in 2015 but appreciate your input anyways!

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
        Just read Boothe retired in 2015
        mine was back 12-13years ago, i just read about him retiring following your mention of it. my second would have been kleiman.

Comment

My wife had cataract surgery at KE. They were outstanding. I know lasik is different, but I think most places that do these types of eye surgeries do a great job.

Comment

the wife and I just used Cornea Associates of Dallas, the staff are very Good, as well the Dr's, mine Dr Potts, did an awesome job as far as explaining what i needed and what was going to be best, not pushy
            just my 2 cents

Comment

My wife used tylock/george in irving. 20/20 overnight and no issues since

Comment

I had mine done by Boothe but have heard nothing but good about Kleiman

Comment

Just spoke with KE. They charge for the consultation ($150) which Carter doesn’t, or any others I've checked. They said $4,300 but they don’t even know what procedure I need so that’s odd. I have double astigmatism and I believe that takes a different procedure but I didn’t even get to tell them that part before they gave me a price. I’m not looking to go cheap on this by any means but Carter is doing both eyes for the price of one right now. Waiting on confirmation but from what I’ve talked about with them in the past, that’ll be <$2,500.

Comment

Kleiman-Evangelista I know several people who have used them.

Comment

Originally posted by Smithwr View Post
                      My wife used tylock/george in irving. 20/20 overnight and no issues since

My wife used them as well and has no complaints.

Personally I used TBH sponsor Mann Eye down in Houston. They did a phenomenal job. I have 20/15 vision almost 4 years later. Dr. Mann is one of the leaders in his field. I think it’d be worth it to take a day or two off and go down there if you truly want the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I went to Tylock George last year. They charge for the consult but it goes towards your procedure. I have had no problems other than the typical dry eyes.

Comment

I CAN see FAR and CANNOT see CLOSE.
                          Every time I ask if Lasik cures my condition I get a different answer. I'm so hesitant and frustrated, but I also want to correct my vision.

Comment

Originally posted by quackerback View Post
                            I went to Tylock George last year. They charge for the consult but it goes towards your procedure. I have had no problems other than the typical dry eyes.
                            I'm 30 and really want to get Lasik. How severe are your dry eyes? This is the only con I have heard about the procedure.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel_Reb View Post
                              I'm 30 and really want to get Lasik. How severe are your dry eyes? This is the only con I have heard about the procedure.
                              Not terrible. At first while your eyes are healing it is worse. I used eye drops about once an hour to help. Now I hardly have any problems.

Comment

Working...
                              X