Part 2-2019 Saltwater Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
    Surf has been real good last three trips I've had. I'm fishing down in Surfside. We beat them up real bad yesterday evening. As long as the water looks good it's game on.
    My buddy tried to fish surfside this morning. Said the wind was blowing at least 20 out of the south.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      I bought some Vudu skrimps....I hope ol Shane aint just a salesmen for that outfit...

Heading to Bolivar the 21st, anyone been catching in the surf?
      My uncle used them a few years ago in Hackberry with R&G and came home raving about them. It was probably 3 years ago, maybe 4. I went out and bought a pack for my next trip just to try and I caught fish all day on the same lure. I was sold. I still like throwing tops and paddles more for some reason but if I am around good bait and cant get a hit I just about always go back to the Vudu and it hasn't disappointed.

Don't keep them together with other plastic baits, it will melt them.

Comment

North Padre Island last weekend.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post
          My buddy tried to fish surfside this morning. Said the wind was blowing at least 20 out of the south.
          Yep. I use weather/wave apps, the live cam at saltwater-recon.com, and I work less than a mile from the beach, so I can keep up with it good. It was blowing hard last night when we were there but it hadn’t gotten rough yet and the water was still nice. I knew it wouldn’t be worth it this morning. You can’t wait for a report to go, you have to keep watching and go when it’s right or you’ll be a day late.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
            What an epic evening! I'm sure combined we caught over 150 fish! Good seeing you agian Phillip, seems when we get together the fish get slammed! And sure was nice meeting you Billy!

All in all an unforgettable evening to say the least..

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Dang Shane, y’all wore em’ out! Nice, congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looking good.. I went to bolivar this morning with plans to fish the surf and then get the cabin ready incase the storm hits us.. 15 mph west wind at daylight . Surf looked like mud so I didn't even try.. just loaded the boat on the trailer and got everything tied down..

Comment

Thanks Robert!

Yup the surf is so dang finicky, when it's right you just have to drop everything and go. Don't wait till the next day, or even sometimes 12 hours or what was once an epic opportunity is a waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                  Mexico will slap the taste out of your mouth for mentioning a popping cork.
                  Why?

Comment

I bought some vudoo shrimp too. Going down to Aransas pass thurs. the dealer is suppose to have my new 150 Yamaha on my blue wave by tomorrow. Hope the weather cooperates.

Comment

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post

I miss spoke earlier. He said out of the west not the south. My apologies y’all.

Yea he already had the day off to take the wife to the doctor, so he figured might as well give it a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by david8017 View Post
                        How long does it typically take for green water to get to the beach?
                        The surf looks like it will be flat Friday but was curious about water color since a SW wind will be blowing Wednesday night

I’m thinking Thursday afternoon or early Friday morning may be an opportunity, all depends how strong the SW wind gets. Regardless I’m loading my truck before work Thursday mornin just incase.

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde12 View Post
                          I’m thinking Thursday afternoon or early Friday morning may be an opportunity, all depends how strong the SW wind gets. Regardless I’m loading my truck before work Thursday mornin just incase.
                          I am going to try and hit the surf Friday morning......I hope

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
                            I am going to try and hit the surf Friday morning......I hope
                            I could be game. Even Thursday afternoon

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Taking my stuff with me to work on Thursday also and going to keep an eye on the cameras throughout the day. Hopefully it will get right by the afternoon.

Comment

Question for all the guys that fish the west end surf. I typically wade at the last water tower before getting to the pass which i believe is about 2miles from the pass which i feel plenty comfortable wading there but was curious how close some of y’all get to the pass when the surf?

Comment

Working...
                                X