HardiePlank or SmartSiding Price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HardiePlank or SmartSiding Price

I am planning on having the siding replaced at my house (with either SmartSiding or Hardie), and I'm wondering what I should expect from the quotes. Just ballpark estimates.

Has anybody had their siding replaced with either product - what did it cost? Is anybody, or does anybody know, a reputable contractor in the Houston area?

Pic for reference below.

@6$/sq ft

Comment

Call AllState Siding & Windows. Jimmy has been doing siding for 40+ years and will treat you right. (832) 204-1936

Comment

Originally posted by Trophy7 View Post
        Call AllState Siding & Windows. Jimmy has been doing siding for 40+ years and will treat you right. (832) 204-1936
        Thanks! I will call him tomorrow.

Comment

Just had mine replaced in january in sugarland and if I remember correctly it was something like 1700 square feet (I have a lot of siding) and had hardie put on with new soffits and trim all around and cost me right at 18,000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Is there any sheathing behind existing siding?

Comment

My builder recommend some metal siding. First I have heard of it but he’s a very modern builder.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar Angler View Post
                Is there any sheathing behind existing siding?
                I'm not sure. We close on the house in a couple of weeks, so I'm not familiar with it beyond what the inspector told us.

Comment

Just curious, why are you replacing it?

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                    Just curious, why are you replacing it?
                    The inspector found a few places with rot at the garage door frame/trim (the one on the left in the picture above), facia board and the trim of 2 windows. I'm thinking that a one-and-done fix would be better than patch/repair.

Comment

Comment

Can't help you on price but I can say I love the cement board siding. We have it on our lake house. All the other neighbors complain about squirrels and woodpeckers. In four years, we haven't had a single issue. The house is 12 years old and the paint still looks brand new.

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
                          Can't help you on price but I can say I love the cement board siding. We have it on our lake house. All the other neighbors complain about squirrels and woodpeckers. In four years, we haven't had a single issue. The house is 12 years old and the paint still looks brand new.

I’ve heard great things about it. SmartSiding vs Hardie seems to vary depending on who you talk to, and they’re similarly priced. I am leaning Hardie, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Deerslayersh View Post
                            The inspector found a few places with rot at the garage door frame/trim (the one on the left in the picture above), facia board and the trim of 2 windows. I'm thinking that a one-and-done fix would be better than patch/repair.

If it's not extensive like you said. It seems like repair and a new caulk and paint job on the house would be fine.

It would save you a ton of money and you have already paid for all the existing siding. Might as well get your money's worth.

But then again if it's all showing its age, you have many repairs needed currently and you feel there will be more not really too far down the road that's understandable.

Everyone I know with hardie loves it. I think it's been out longer. I dont know of anyone with smart side.

Comment

I like the way your house looks, Black Ice. I need new siding as well because the 40 year old cedar is rotting, and I am in the same boat as the OP.

Comment

Working...
                              X