water line for wildlife trough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
    Poly is the bomb. We have a bunch with PVC and they're always giving us hell. Breaking or connection problems. The poly is much more durable and alot less connections if you're using a bunch.
    This right here, poly almost last forever in the sun, pvc not so much it will brake down in the sun.

Comment

I have had black poly water lines on my place for seven years and haven’t had a problem. It will freeze when the temperature drops, but it doesn’t break, it expands. I bought some a few years ago from Uvalco in Uvalde to run a line to another water trough.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BlakeJ View Post
        I have a small place that I hunt that I'd like to put a wildlife water trough on. It has a water line on it that I could hook up to, the only problem is that where I want to put the trough is about 1200' away from the existing water line (but it's a downhill run). Is this doable? What could I use for the water line?
        3/4" to 1" pipe 1200' long is too small. You won't get much flow out of it at the end. 1 1/4" to 1 1/2" would be the minimum to run that distance if you want to maintain your pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by Wellborn Papa View Post
          3/4" to 1" pipe 1200' long is too small. You won't get much flow out of it at the end. 1 1/4" to 1 1/2" would be the minimum to run that distance if you want to maintain your pressure.
          Is a 100' drop downhill to where I want to put the trough. So I'll gain 43 psi in head pressure. That's roughly what I'd lose in friction pressure loss for that long of a run with 3/4" pipe. So it'll basically be a wash.

Comment

Water Line

I’m interested as well. I have my troughs bought and I’m getting ready to plumb everything in.

Comment

At our lease in ValVerde county they use miles of 1 1/4" black poly. It is laid on top of the dirt/rocks. It gets driven over, stepped on, frozen and baked in the sun.

The thing that did a lot of it in is brush fires.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X