Trespassing in other states

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trespassing in other states

I have some neighbors who have been having reoccurring problems with trespassers. One individual has been reported for trespassing at least 7 times to Law Enforcement. He receives citations regularly but I believe he just accepts he will get a ticket at lease once every year and pay the $350.00 instead of leasing land. Lets face it the ticket is much cheaper than paying for a lease.

I live in Wisconsin and we don't have great trespassing laws. We actually don't have that many problems so that may be why it isn't addressed. Anyone know the significance of trespassing in Texas or any other state where they have laws that are more severe especially on repeat offenders?

Are there any laws that require someone to identify themselves? We use to have to wear backtags with a specific number but that is long gone and I can't imagine how to write a law stating that if you are trespassing you have to identify yourself.

If they have a firearm with them it should be criminal trespass.

Comment

Often the land owner does not want them to go to jail so the officer can only write a ticket. This sucks. I did know I guy that paid 10k for trespassing on Indian land out west. Ouch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

if it was the same MF' and I was catching him each time.. i would be doing my best to make his life as miserable as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
          If they have a firearm with them it should be criminal trespass.
          In Wisconsin it is called criminal trespass to land but it is punishable by a forfeiture (fine) only.

Comment

It’s pretty stiff punishment down here. We have shovels.

Comment

Tresspassing here is a felony if you are carrying a gun. Without a gun, I think it’s just a fine, if that. Hard to prove without pics or witnesses.

I asked a GW a couple years ago what could I do if I caught someone hunting on my property. He said I could make him give me his ID, even if I had to put a gun on him. I can think of only one reason to put a gun on someone, and it ain’t simple tresspassing, unless it gets belligerent. That could be whole ‘nother thing.

Comment

Down here it's rarely prosecuted.I know a fella that had tons of pics/same dude.Turning his water spigot's wide open,and leaving them on for days..Had hundreds of pics..Was told,unless you catch him in the act/on the place,nothing we can do...Several of you fellas have probably heard this story.Bunch of us here know the guy who owned the place.

Comment

Working...
                X