No announcement yet.

African safari disaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man I cringed as I read through that, not sure I could contain myself if I went through that. As you stated, he could have been much more transparent and not been so shady. So far you’ve had to do 100% of the bending to make this hunt even remotely enjoyable. After he literally changed everything about the hunt you paid for, why won’t Lammie AT LEAST stick to the original pricing? Seems like the least he could do after shafting you guys like this...

Comment

I'd tell him to bring it on! If it went down like you said it did, and you have a paper trail then he should be the one concerned. Send him what ya'll agreed upon, and move on down the road. I highly doubt he gets lawyers involved.

Comment

I wouldnt pay anything, you didnt get what you agreed upon why would you owe him a thing? Chalk the animals as a loss and move on. Seems like you should be the one looking to recoup loss from him!

Comment

Don’t pay! Make him take you to court and keep all pertinent info and witnesses then he won’t get a dime and will have to pay all your expenses for him suing you

Comment

Originally posted by Terry View Post
            He will not go to court, Pay the original agreed price and post it on social media
            Negative. I wouldn't pay jack until I knew for sure that my animals were being taken care of properly and being shipped to me. See ya in court buddy and we will have the Judge decide what is owed and request that the Court order al animals be taken care of and shipped according to industry standard as a condition of any payment being rendered.

Comment

Is this fella a member on here? Curious as to his thoughts on the matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry View Post
                Pay the original agreed price and post it on social media
                This. Start posting this on Facebook pages and watch how fast he changes his attitude. Hate to hear that happened.

Comment

Wow. I wouldn't pay any more than the original agreed amount. And, considering his veiled threats of trashing your trophies, I probably wouldn't pay anything until I had them in my possession or at least could meet with him to personally inspect each one to verify it's mine and in good condition before we exchanged goods/money. I'd welcome the opportunity to sit in front of a judge with the guy and have us both tell our stories.

Comment

He’s got a lot of pix of your hunt on his Facebook page. One of his posts states if you are not happy with your hunt he will refund your money.

Comment

Man, this makes me so glad I found and chose a really good outfit. That is a lot of time and money to invest in what most folks consider a trip of a lifetime. Hopefully you have not been soured on Africa. You should seriously look at Limcroma if you plan to go again. Hannes would NEVER treat any of his clients like this. I agree with what others have said, pay him what was agreed upon. As for the animals, they have likely gone to the Dip n Ship, Exporter. If so, unless Lammie owns that company, you should be fine. The Exporter is likely a separate company and it is a separate transaction between you and them, not Lammie. He shouldn't be able to affect that, unless he never sent the animals to them. But, also sounds like Lammie was "leasing" the lodge and ranch from someone else. May want to find out who that was and let them know.
                      Last edited by rladner; 08-30-2019, 09:24 AM.

Comment

This is why I never buy hunts at auction, I always use a booking agent that I trust and that has been to the places I will hunt. Kevin Slaughter at Antler and Anglers has never put me on a bad hunt, he only sells 5 star hunts so they will cost but worth every penny.

Comment

Just checked out the website. Zululand is still one of the options to hunt. Pay what you were quoted from the start and not a penny more. Let him take you to court.

Comment

I wouldn't send him a nickel, animals be ****ed.

I'd get a lawyer and even try to sue him to pay for your flights / expenses traveling down there while you're at it. He has no leg to stand on, he broke the contract by not providing what was agreed upon.

In the end you will have made some memories for free

Comment

Hopefully you have a contract that told you what ranch, what accommodations, and animal prices. If you do, no sweat. Let him sue but I wouldn't pay anymore than the agreed contract until after I got the animals. Lemming, Lemon, Lame, Lammie, whatever, is a schiester but I'd be careful about any slanderous social media posts. Won't look good to the judge.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                                Wow. I wouldn't pay any more than the original agreed amount. And, considering his veiled threats of trashing your trophies, I probably wouldn't pay anything until I had them in my possession or at least could meet with him to personally inspect each one to verify it's mine and in good condition before we exchanged goods/money. I'd welcome the opportunity to sit in front of a judge with the guy and have us both tell our stories.

I agree with Shane. I would tell him all monies would be payed upon the reciept of the animals. Then I would pay him the original agreed upon price and no more.

Comment

Working...
                                X