Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Following....Good luck Mike

Comment

Back I the Terrace stand. I am using this set for an observation point. I can see a good bit of the northwest side of our farm without entering the food plot area. I have 3 does on the green hill side in the distance. Upper 30s, the wind is pretty brutal. Yesterday it was 80 degrees at this time and I was swatting mosquitoes.[emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Buck, buck.... High rack.....white horns.

Comment

He is heading back up the hill side towards the timber.

Comment

I know one thing. I didn't wear enough clothes. That north wind is ripping and it is right in my face. The deer moved back up into the cedar thicket across the bean field from me.

Comment

3 does feeding towards me in the brown soy beans. Getting dark quick.

Comment

He looks big in the pics, good luck hope he comes your way

Comment

Good luck!! Been waiting on a cold weather Iowa thread from ya!

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

The buck came back at right at dark and ended up in a little food plot across the cut corn field from me. The four does fed by me in the soy beans right at dark. I am not sure if this buck is a shooter but he is big bodied and you can see his white rack easily from 300 yards. The first screenshot is where the buck was standing when I got a picture. The last screenshot is where the buck was standing at dark,
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tex8569 View Post
                        Do Iowa points ever expire? I have 4 but have been sitting on them for a few years.
                        I am not sure, but I don't think that Iowa points expire.

Comment

Originally posted by IOWA BOW HUNTER View Post
                          Mike how long does your typical tree saddle hunt last? Only reason I ask is when I go out I am usually out for 4-6 hours. Are tree saddle comfortable enough for that duration?
                          I have only done about 3-4 hours sits so far. If you have a saddle that fits you good 4-6 hours should not be a problem. I have a Tethrd Phantom and it is pretty comfortable. I lean about 90% of the time. I sit some with my knees kinda straddling the tree. The saddle manufacturing industry is growing and there are new models coming out almost monthly. Take a look at the Cruzr XC and the Lattiude Method. These are two of the newer saddles. A lot of guys are saying that they are the most comfortable. I got to try out the Tethrd Phantom at the Iowa Deer Classic. It felt great and I bought it there.

Comment

You sure can see a long way with the corn gone!

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                              You sure can see a long way with the corn gone!
                              Yep. It was 10' tall in that field when you where here in August. You were at the base of the tree I was sitting in as well. It was a little cooler today though.

I was glad to get down this evening. I was freezing !!! I had on a hoodie and jacket but just thin camo pants. No long underwear.
                              Last edited by Arrowsmith; 10-23-2020, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Here are some very informative podcasts by Rod White on hunting Iowa whitetail and Midwest whitetails in general.

Why we don't start seriously hunting until late October, pre rut days, prime rut days, lock down and post rut. Listen to all of them if you get a chance.

Listen to Bucks, Bulls, and Bows with Rod White on Spotify. Welcome to the new Bucks, Bulls, and Bows Podcast with Rod White, Olympic Archery Gold Medalist, Professional bowhunter, and former guide and outfitter! This podcast will feature tips and tactics on how to get close and score on big bucks, bulls, and pretty much everything archery and bowhunting related. Some of these will be self hosted, some will feature some guests, but all will contain valuable information in the field to help you become a better bowhunter!

Comment

Working...
                                X