Can I Cut the Gun Rest Off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I Cut the Gun Rest Off?

I want to cut the gun rest off of the seat so I can use the tripod for bowhunting. Are there any issues with doing that?
    Attached Files

No sir, I'd somehow cap it off though to slow the rusting.

Comment

As long as it remains structurally sound, you shouldn't have any problems by cutting it. It might require a little modification, but go for it, if it suits your purpose.

Comment

Can you unbolt it and turn it over, then use as a foot rest?

Comment

Cut it just above the arm rest, will not cause an issue.

As suggested, get some plastic caps to plug the ends so it doesn’t fill with water.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
            Cut it just above the arm rest, will not cause an issue.

As suggested, get some plastic caps to plug the ends so it doesn’t fill with water.
            agree ^^

Comment

I had a similar stand chair I could just unbolt the rails. No need to cut.

Comment

I think that is the same one I got and I cut mine off.

Comment

Cut off and put a pice of rebar in the tubing so you can slide it out when bow hunting and slope it in for rifle hunts

Comment

Originally posted by Dewey Johnson View Post
                    Cut off and put a pice of rebar in the tubing so you can slide it out when bow hunting and slope it in for rifle hunts
                    That’s a great idea, for when his daughters hunt his stand with a rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooper View Post
                      Can you unbolt it and turn it over, then use as a foot rest?
                      Originally posted by 4xBuilder View Post
                      I had a similar stand chair I could just unbolt the rails. No need to cut.
                      Thanks for the responses. I unbolted the side arm rests and they came of easy. But the actual gun rest is welded. I'll have to find a saw that I can cut it with.

Comment

Originally posted by Dewey Johnson View Post
                        That's a great idea, I have the same stand and have been just shooting from the side. But I'm heading out to the lease this weekend and will cut mine so I can figure out the size rebar or threaded rod to use.

Comment

FYI, I also tried to rig mine up so it could be quickly reattached for rifle hunting. When I tested it, it would slide out when leaning on it. I decided not to go with that 12’ up and hunting alone. Make sure to test it before using.

Comment

Originally posted by 4xBuilder View Post
                            FYI, I also tried to rig mine up so it could be quickly reattached for rifle hunting. When I tested it, it would slide out when leaning on it. I decided not to go with that 12’ up and hunting alone. Make sure to test it before using.
                            Thanks. We're going to Bastrop today. My B-I-L is going to cut it.

Comment

Working...
                            X