No announcement yet.

Guy across the street recording my house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd take the lens of his camera out with a pellet gun. If he still points it at your house. You know he's nut's. Wait till dark 30

Comment

Wait until he's asleep and go over and spray paint the camera lens.

Comment

Originally posted by bswift355 View Post
        Holly S**t that video was crazy.
        Wild wasn't it!!
        He definitely reached his breaking point .
        Never expected him to come back out a 2nd time, let alone with a rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyguitarguy View Post
          Whats the proper situation here. This guy across the street has a camcorder that he placed on the corner of his house that he faces at different houses randomly everyday. Last week it was faced at my neighbors, this week he has it facing mine.

I believe he is schizophrenic, as we've seen him have episodes over the past few years in the middle of the street. His family moved out and left him there.

We'll I saw him outside the other day and kindly asked him to stop recording or facing that camera towards our house, as I have little girls and a wife that are home by themselves somedays while Im at work. He threw a fit saying that its not illegal (which Im aware of) and that he isnt a convicted felon. He then asked me to step into his property if I want to see what he is recording. He then went into his house and brought out a gun. He left it at his gate as he approached me in the middle of the street and threatened to "mess me up" and that he is going to catch me one day. He may have ahad a pistol on his waist which is why I decided to walk into my property and wait for him to trespass before I called the cops. I never have talked to this guy in the 10 years of living here. This was the first occurrence since I feel nearly violated. Had he had the camera maybe facing his driveway or something, then it wouldn't be an issue. But Ive seen him move his camera during the day to face other houses, so he is doing something purposely.

I'm assuming nothing can be done until he breaks the law; not sure if him brandishing his weapon and threatening to hurt me is illegal, but looking for anything legal I can bring to this guy to at least get him to at least remove that camera.

Any thoughts?
          What he did, threatening you, yes it is very illegal. Brandishing a weapon as he did, combined with a threat is serious stuff.

Comment

Sorry you have to go through this, be careful guy sounds like he's losing it.

Comment

Originally posted by bswift355 View Post
              Holly S**t that video was crazy.
              Welp.....there's no unseeing that video once you watch it. Maybe just leave Mr. crazy alone until he steps over the line, then call the cops.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                Wild wasn't it!!
                He definitely reached his breaking point .
                Never expected him to come back out a 2nd time, let alone with a rifle.
                From what I read when the video came out, that couple finally got the reaction they wanted. Was just more than they bargained for.

Comment

Call the police let them know your notifying them of the behavior, and the situation (what happened). They wont be able to do anything but its worth them knowing. Then leave the guy alone. Sounds like his elivator isnt going to the top floor anymore....

Comment

Some of yall sound like a bunch of liberals. 10 years the mans lived there minding his own business. When he does something you don't like (not illegal) you start claiming he's crazy of has mental issues. Heck he could be making time lapse videos or bird watching. Seems like a few of yall would vote yes for red flag laws.

Comment

Ignore him!
                      If he shows up on your property with a gun, blow him away!

Comment

Declaring war on a neighbor is always a bad idea, ignore his camera, I recommend a cherry pie, I live close to very dangerous people and can party with them just fine, have enough common sense not to call cops, he wont blow you away after the pie, then u shouldn’t blow him away either. So easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                          My man, I like your style (minus the HOA… I’ll never subject myself to those power hungry rat bassturds)
                          I can’t stand HOAs but it was my only option legally. I have 3 girls under the age of 9. I wanted the cameras off my property. I politely asked him to move the cameras myself but he got extremely angry when I accidentally called him a pedophile. So angry in fact that he pointed a camera directly looking into my garage. HOA got involved and the cameras were magically moved away from my property within a couple of days.

Comment

Originally posted by dbaio1 View Post
                            Call the police.
                            He brought out a gun and threatened you.
                            Mental health issues and guns are not a good combination.
                            Good luck.
                            Yep, you want it documented in case you have to smoke his crazy arse down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                              I’d leave him alone and mind my own business. He never bothered you in 10 years until you complained to him.
                              Bingo.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerdown View Post
                                Get a camera and face it towards his house. Then document everything. Call the cops every time he disturbs your peace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what I would do. But my Intentions would be to get every conversation with him and his actions on camera for your records.

You should definitely get a paper trail started with the police.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X