No announcement yet.

Your 2018 Trad Goals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome aboard Outback77! I see you are in Azle. There are a lot of trad folks around DFW. Also, Cowtown Bowmen will be hosting an all trad recurve shoot the weekend of April 28th. You should make a point to make that shoot, as Cowtown is famous for setting very good courses!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thanks Bisch,

I’ve shot cowtown with my compound a few times and enjoy the course and always have enjoyed the company.

Comment

Spend more time in the mountains chasing elk and mule deer. I have a new recurve and it is dialed in. Last year I did very little hunting, this year planning on a lot with lots of death from the new recurve.

Glenn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My main goal is to spend more time at the ranch. I have not had a lease in quite some time and had been duck hunting more than anything but it lost its' appeal three years ago. I had not bowhunted in a long time until two years ago when I shot my first javelina with a compound as a guest on my buddies lease in Zapata County. After that, I was invited to another ranch where I hunted an impromptu ground blind and got a shot on a doe but hit a branch and missed. I remembered that year how much I really enjoy bowhunting. Last year I went "hunting" at my friends ranch in Blanco three times but two of those weekends we just hung out and worked on his house. The third time I actually hunted and was fortunate to make a great shot on a tasty young spike with my compound. For this year, I don't plan on selling my compound just yet, as I really like shooting all kinds of bows but I would like to rely more on either the recurve or the longbow this year. However, I don't want to put pressure on my first this or my first that. I found last year that when I took the pressure off myself to shoot something, it all fell into place. I want to continue that trend because what little I bowhunted last year were some of the best memories I have of sitting in a stand or in a tree. That reminds me, after hunting the ground down here in the brush for a long time (gun and bow) I really enjoyed getting back up in the oak trees last year. Didn't think I would miss it as much as I did.
          Last edited by duck'n; 03-24-2018, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Saw this thread pop up, must be the timing. I'm strongly thinking about going all in with the recurve. If I draw the trophy elk, and a mountain goat tag, I'm going to need some green screen therapy to follow through!

I was laying them in there at 50yards the other day, and 40yards was golden. The stress of hard to get tags!!!!!!

Comment

I can't help you there. I'd go to the Spyder on hunts like those. I'm WEAK!

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

No joke!

Comment

I wan to beat Rick Barbee in a weekly trad challenge for once and Id love to win an argument with Ragin and/or Smart. It'll never happen but a fella can dream cant he?

Comment

Well last year I had goals of shooting to 30 yards and killing more critters.
                    Getting some of it done. Getting closer to last years goals but it's taking longer than I expected.
                    I practice more at 25 and 30. Since I got the Tall Tines I feel more confident at longer ranges.
                    Not that a hunting shot that far is something I'd take but this pig don't know that.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, my continual goal at this point is to somehow get back to being able to shoot like I did before jacking up the nerve in my neck. In June, it will be 2yrs, and although it is better somewhat, it is still so far behind that there are many days where I just feel like giving up and quitting!!!!!

Bisch

Last edited by Bisch; 05-10-2018, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                        Well, my continual goal at this point is to somehow get back to being able to shoot like I did before jacking up the nerve in my neck. In June, it will be 2yrs, and although it is better somewhat, it is still so far behind that there are many days where I just feel like giving up and quitting!!!!!

Bisch

Did they fuse your vertebrae? That seems to be the standard method of treatment from the three orthopedic surgeons I've seen.

Comment

Your 2018 Trad Goals

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                          Did they fuse your vertebrae? That seems to be the standard method of treatment from the three orthopedic surgeons I've seen.

No, there has been nothing done medically. My personal Dr pretty much told me there is nothing that can be done unless it happens again or gets worse. In that case there is the possibility of a surgery. There is no real pain that hurts. Just weakness in left arm and hand, and inability to consistently aim a bow because of it.

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                            No, there has been nothing done medically. My personal Dr pretty much told me there is nothing that can be done unless it happens again or gets worse. In that case there is the possibility of a surgery. There is no real pain that hurts. Just weakness in left arm and hand, and inability to consistently aim a bow because of it.

Bisch

Based on that last sentence, my new revised goal is to shoot against Bisch for money....

In all seriousness, sorry about your issues. I’ve got a wife with a back that’s in a similar situation. Basically, suffer until it’s bad enough to risk surgery.

Comment

Originally posted by Featherflinger View Post
                              I want to post 18 trad kills on this thread for 2018! Not counting rabbits, squirrels, fish, and raccoons. Not likely but maybe I’ll get lucky!
                              I’d also like to get back to shooting 3D well. I’ve had some issues with accuracy and consistency shooting 3D over the last few years and feel like it may be coming back. I hope so!
                              I was kind of just kidding when I said 18 kills for 2018 but now I really want to do it. 11 so far!😜👍

Comment

You can do it!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X