Stolen gun recovered!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stolen gun recovered!

Well another one of my stolen guns was recovered. This makes 2 of my 4 pistols recovered. Got the call this morning. Guy was pulled over after leaving a know trap house . Had a lot of meth and my pistol . Guy admitted the meth was his but not the gun . Was not his car charged with 4 to 20 grams class 1 drug and felon in possession of a firearm . From what the cop told me the drug charge is a bigger problem for the guy . After talking to the investigator today soon as he get to talk to the DA he is going to try to get the gun released back to me . Should know something next week . This gun was my first pistol stolen in 2016 I believe . Don’t even remember kinda wrote it off as a loss never expected to have it recovered.

Good to hear.

Comment

Good deal. I remember a few years ago they found your 1st one. Did you ever get it back?

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
        Good deal. I remember a few years ago they found your 1st one. Did you ever get it back?

Not yet . Still tied up in court . Was used in a commission of a crime . Think they shot someone with it . 5 guys all charged. Won’t get it back till all 5 have either pled or have been sentenced. I talked to the ATF guy that is handling my case last week . First court date is in February. They expected them to plee out .

Comment

May not get it back until they have gone through all the appeals. That's the way it worked with our stolen stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
            Not yet . Still tied up in court . Was used in a commission of a crime . Think they shot someone with it . 5 guys all charged. Won’t get it back till all 5 have either pled or have been sentenced. I talked to the ATF guy that is handling my case last week . First court date is in February. They expected them to plee out .
            If they go to a jury trial you will have to wait until their sentence is expired so the firearm is there for an appeal. I hope you get this one quicker.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
              May not get it back until they have gone through all the appeals. That's the way it worked with our stolen stuff.

Yeah. It will be returned after the case runs its course. Felon in possession charge will keep it tied up. What county was it located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                If they go to a jury trial you will have to wait until their sentence is expired so the firearm is there for an appeal. I hope you get this one quicker.

Ah that would suck .

Comment

Got a 380 beretta model 84 back for dad WAYYYYY back in the early 90's because I had the s/n for the atf lost/stolen report...the perp was actually caught soon after but I guess it had to run it's course getting the call 8 years later??

Again, record & securely save the mm/sn of all your guns.

Comment

Series question. What happens if the owner gets the gun back and the gun is somehow tied to a crime or murder that is later discovered while the owner has the gun in possession?

Comment

Glad you will get the gun back! Sorry I’m watching the First 48 and that crossed my mind..

Comment

Originally posted by BonesandArrow View Post
                        Series question. What happens if the owner gets the gun back and the gun is somehow tied to a crime or murder that is later discovered while the owner has the gun in possession?

They detective did tell me they were going to run ballistics on the gun to make sure it wasn’t involved in a shooting .

Comment

How did you have so many pistols stolen?

Comment

House broke into twice . Didn’t have a gun safe the first time . Second time they took my pistol safe with two pistols in it . Now they stay in my cannon fat boy safe .

Comment

4-200 in Bexar county = probation

Comment

Working...
                              X