69 C10 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

69 C10 Build

I have some free time today and really enjoy following the builds on here. I thought I'd share the progression on a truck I bought about a year ago. Working all the time has progress at a snail's pace but I'm finally starting to get all my stuff together.

Truck the day I got it
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mr. Whiskers; 04-18-2019, 11:26 AM.

Truck has a 400 small block in it and was not running when I purchased it. Pulled and cleaned the tank out (there was all kinda crap in there), new plugs, fuel pump and carburetor and she was up and running. Installed a 4/6 drop, disc brakes all the way around, 411 posi and put new wheels and tires on her. Guy came out to the house and tinted the windows.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mr. Whiskers; 04-18-2019, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Man that truck is super clean. Love it!

Comment

Normally don’t like dropped trucks but that is sweet. What else are you gonna do to it?

Comment

nice...…..really nice...….
          pleated interior ?

Comment

Reached out to the green screen and was looking for a LS motor. Txhellraiser had a fresh 6.0 LQ4 with flat top pistons fresh out of the machine shop. Ended up with multiple intakes, 317 heads and a box of "extra parts" at a very reasonable price. Heads went to a machine shop in Magnolia that specializes in NHRA heads to be worked. Magic Stick 3 cam installed along with all new internals. Having just a short block, I bought what I needed from Summit or Jegs as the build progressed. Found a serpentine system that had the high output alternator, power steering pump and vintage air compressor (for later). Aftermarket fuel rails, billet valley cover, 65 lb injectors, high output mini starter, Brian Tooley internals, upgraded trunnions, new front and rear covers, all ARP hardware and bunch more I'm certain I'm forgeting. This truck has nickle and dimed me to death.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Mr. Whiskers; 04-18-2019, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Going to be a real hotrod with that engine

Comment

That should get you to the Dairy Queen and back.
                  Looks good though! Keep us updated on the progress.

Comment

Nice truck

Comment

I had a 71 just like it, miss it. Very nice ride.

Comment

Had to get rid of the God awful front grille and go back with an original 69 with billet inserts. Headlight bezels didn't match so I painted them black along with the everything else I could wire wheel and spruce up. Headlights replaced with the Halo? lights with the red rings. I believe I will end up going back with the chrome front and rear bumpers but right now priority is to get the motor finished
                        Attached Files

Comment

I had 2 through HS. A 69 and a 72 both step sides. Loved that 69 the 72 was just junk.

Nice work

Comment

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
                            Normally don’t like dropped trucks but that is sweet. What else are you gonna do to it?
                            Too much to list sir. I should have waited to start but got overanxious. I think I will end up tubbing out the rear end, box in the frame, possible cage. The list will never end I don't believe. The motor swap is the priority right now...unless I can find a narrowed 9".
                            Last edited by Mr. Whiskers; 04-18-2019, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Very legit ride.

Comment

Working...
                              X