Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 03-19-2019, 11:56 PM   #51
tvc184
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legdog View Post
Interesting topic.

I recently sat for my 107 pilot license. The FAA is primarily concerned about airspace rules as they pertain to manned aircraft, military bases, national parks, and crowds. Although they exist, there wasn’t much in the material about rules in regard to wildlife or even private property. It was all about the class of airspace and how to recognize it and how to obtain the waivers necessary to fly (if possible). I know there are lots of rules outside the scope of the FAA 107 exam which is troublesome.

One thing is for certain, these laws will evolve rapidly.
They are definitely evolving as we speak. Heck, there might be a new law or rule before I finish typing this.....

They have opened up the airport vicinity flights somewhat with LAANC, the Secretary of Transportation has recommended ending the night flight restriction and the flight over people and so on.

I think the FAA and Congress did not anticipate this drone rapid expansion and are having to play catch-up.
tvc184 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-20-2019, 02:00 PM   #52
IkemanTX
Eight Point

Hunt In: Caddo
Default Drone Usage Laws

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvc184 View Post
They are definitely evolving as we speak. Heck, there might be a new law or rule before I finish typing this.....

They have opened up the airport vicinity flights somewhat with LAANC, the Secretary of Transportation has recommended ending the night flight restriction and the flight over people and so on.

I think the FAA and Congress did not anticipate this drone rapid expansion and are having to play catch-up.

They were told over and over again by industry experts that it would be exponential growth, they just ignored the warnings.

I think something like Zipline in Rwanda would be awesome here in the US. Lots of safety built into their system.

https://youtu.be/QTnBm3rXmss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by IkemanTX; 03-20-2019 at 02:03 PM.
IkemanTX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top