SWAT team raids Texas bar for protesting to reopen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    If it’s on private property, what difference does it make?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    There is a lot of context this thread is missing. A) The bar owner has the right to open. It's unlawful for the government to not allow her to open. B) She was told no one with guns could be on the business property. C) She complied with this order, and people with guns were located on her private property. D) She was on the phone with the Sheriff and was told everything was okay, they just wanted to talk to her. E) The sheriff showed up with SWAT for a few guys drinking beer under the guise that there were guys with guns on the business property.

The Sheriff should be ashamed of themselves. So many people are quick to give up their rights because the 'rona is gonna getcha. It's truly sad. There are so many more limp-wristed Americans than I ever thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
      The video looks to me like they could be seen from a road or street. The big truck looks like its parked in it.

Either way, what was the purpose of guys with ARs standing in front of a bar? Other than trying to rile someone up?
      Because they can. I dont know about you but giving up anything at this point should not be an option. Sounds like you look down on people who choose to be different from you.

Comment

Those AR's must have been toys. They would have been better off just having donuts strapped to themselves.

Comment

3 minutes of fame......and FREE advertising! Sounds about right.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

sometimes its just too easy

Comment

Whole thing is Ridiculous on both sides.

The 1933 Germany Sign is about right.

Comment

I may have missed something but, why were they there with guns in the 1st place, protesting a bar opening?

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                  Sounds like to me they were PEACEFULLY exercising their rights under the First and Second Amendment. Which were then promptly trampled on by the overreaching government. Feel free to cite any laws that were broken or justified a swat team raid.
                  Agree.

Ellison says she spoke with the Sheriff’s Office prior to the protest. They told her everything would be fine as long as men with guns are not seen on the property.
                  How in the hell is this OK? This is Texas, "they" can't just decide open carry isn't allowed when "they" feel like it.

Comment

sometimes its just too easy
                    To arrest folks without cause...or just ignoring personal freedoms in general?

Comment

Prob easier to just take orders from these Dumazz liberal judges and commissioners rather than take a stand and not respond to these calls where no laws are being broken.. Lets let the real criminals out of jail to make room for working class folks that are ready to get back to work. This crap is getting old, and it is just a matter of time until one of these turns violent. Can't blame ppl for trying to get back to normal, make a living and provide for their families

Comment

Much similar.

Too easy to stir up folks. Especially on these topics.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200506_111811.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	24616952

these are the deputies participating in the raid

this recently elected sheriff here is no oath keeper, that's for sure. the bar owner also runs the rv park due to the influx of oilfield workers. thew protesters were on the rv park property not the bar property.
                          Last edited by sharpstick35; 05-06-2020, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                            It was all illusions of freedom to begin with. Can you go sell alcohol without the state letting you? Nope, not for very long at least.
                            We know that, but we've found out the other ones(selective) that the media and govt. can cut off almost immediately because of just hear-say.
                            Last edited by tdwinklr; 05-06-2020, 10:36 AM. Reason: spl

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
                              [ATTACH]1002668[/ATTACH]

these are the deputies participating in the raid

this recently elected sheriff here is no oath keeper, that's for sure. the bar owner also runs the rv park due to the influx of oilfield workers. thew protesters were on the rv park property not the bar property.
                              Looks like you could've lost those 2 using a zig zag pattern ran for probably 10 steps

Comment

Much similar.

Too easy to stir up folks. Especially on these topics.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                                In TX and for now. Folks don't get near as stirred up in NY and CA over this stuff. They are used to it. That is what the hope is for us.

Sort of like putting (add your favorite under represented citizen) into tv shows and commercials. Before long, it just is what it is. Kids get used to it, generations get used to it. It becomes the new normal.

Comment

Working...
                                X