Any outboard motor mechanics on TBH?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any outboard motor mechanics on TBH?

I am trying to take apart the lower unit on a 1994 evinrude 140 hp and can't get the shafts to come out. What am I missing? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Adam

Anyone?

Comment

Did you pull the pin from the shift linkage?

Comment

How do I get to it? There are no access holes that I can see. Lower unit is off of motor and I pulled bearing carrier, but cant get either shaft out.

Comment

Not sure on a 140 Evin, but on my 50hp Johnson- the shift rod runs up to the bottom/front, just under the carbs. If you will look while someone else shifts from neutral to forward/reverse you can see it move. If I remember correct, 3/8 or 7/16 bolt.

Comment

So your trying to get the drive shaft and shifting rod out if the lower unit? You should pull the prop shaft shifting dog and bearings out of the housing. Pull the water pump housing this should allow you access to pull the drive shaft The shifting linkage should come out after all internals come out of the housing.
            Last edited by PEC; 06-22-2014, 06:16 AM.

Comment

These schematics may help

Lookup Evinrude E140TLCOS 1985 140 hp parts by boat engine section and buy discount parts from our large online inventory.

Comment

Sounds like **** rod. Look in lower pan, right in the middle. It's a3/8 nut that needs to be backed out? Did you remove the bolt under the trim tab?

Comment

I have water pump and all bearing carriers off, but something on shift lever down in lower unit is keeping the shafts from coming out.

Comment

Working...
                  X