Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look at the new Colt 1911 in .380.

Comment

I wouldn’t carry any 380 when there are choices that just as small in 9mm.

Kahr PM9/CM9 and Sig P365 would be my choices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
        Shield or bodyguard?
        Bodyguard

Comment

Go sig but consider the 238. Their custom shop one is well made and a sweet shooter.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

I would agree, as long as it doesn’t have to go totally unnoticed. I carry a P3AT in an ankle holster. Definitely not my first choice, but much better than throwing a phone book.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
              Bodyguard
              I haven’t messed with one of those. The .40 Shield I had was always reliable and decent when it came to recoil control.

Comment

I respectfully disagree, not even comparable frame size and comfort. Don’t get me wrong I love my P365, but comparing it to frame size of a TCP is like saying the p320 (sub compact frame or compact) is just as comfortable or similar to the P365 so I should carry the p320 instead.. if that makes sense.

Each has its place. I bought p365 because I got on the capacity vs frame size, it’s not near as comfortable or forgettable as the TCP for what “I wear” most days. If I’m wearing a suit or business casual (Which is M-F) I’m wearing my TCP. My P365 prints to much in a dress shirt and isn’t as comfortable. Jean and T shirt or traveling usually my p365. My poor 357sig p320 compact has been reduced to bed side, and occasionally hog truck run.

Underwood penetrator ammo is pretty impressive in the 380. Had to put a down a downer cow with it before,

Now I get why some think it’s same frame size and most people probably won’t notice a difference but in dress wear it’s a huge difference.
                Last edited by Texans42; 04-19-2019, 08:52 PM.

Comment

None get a 9mm. Ruger sig or glock. Bad experience with a 380 and yes great Ammo. I have more faith in my 22mag now.

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
                    I respectfully disagree, not even comparable frame size and comfort. Don’t get me wrong I love my P365, but comparing it to frame size of a TCP is like saying the p320 (sub compact frame or compact) is just as comfortable or similar to the P365 so I should carry the p320 instead.. if that makes sense.

Each has its place. I bought p365 because I got on the capacity vs frame size, it’s not near as comfortable or forgettable as the TCP for what “I wear” most days. If I’m wearing a suit or business casual (Which is M-F) I’m wearing my TCP. My P365 prints to much in a dress shirt and isn’t as comfortable. Jean and T shirt or traveling usually my p365. My poor 357sig p320 compact has been reduced to bed side, and occasionally hog truck run.

Underwood penetrator ammo is pretty impressive in the 380. Had to put a down a downer cow with it before,

Now I get why some think it’s same frame size and most people probably won’t notice a difference but in dress wear it’s a huge difference.

I don’t carry subcompact/mouse guns in a belt holster. I pocket carry.

No one has a clue. And yes even with the P365.

Comment

I don’t carry subcompact/mouse guns in a belt holster. I pocket carry.

No one has a clue. And yes even with the P365.

I can barely get away with the TCP, p365 doesn’t work out well in suit slacks, I’m tried, plus front carry wallet and phone. P365 weights a lot more and larger frame. I use a ulti clip IWB and its never seen, never felt and pretty much forget able. The P365 you know it there

I won’t even comment on jeans. No gun is going in my front pocket, just not going to fit.

Different stroke for different people
                      Last edited by Texans42; 04-19-2019, 09:29 PM.

Comment

walther PPK

Comment

Dismiss the thought of the .380 before someone force's your hand and you just pizz them off with that popgun.

Comment

I’ve seen what a 380 will do to a human body, I would not want to be the receipiant of them. The problem with any situation that usually involves the use of these weapons is we are under so much stress and many ( most) times can’t hit what we are even “ aiming “ ( shooting) at, no matter what pistol is used. You put a ,22, 380, 9mm any of them in the correct spot the threat will be eliminated. You can carry a 45, 40, 44,454 but if the bullets aren’t were they need to be, or any where on target( and the majority of the shots fired in these situation are not on target) it don’t matter, and in many cases cause unintended casualties. Out of all the people that claim the 380 wont work or is to small ( weak) not a one of them has ever volunteered to be the test gelatin. We have had a few say a 380 won’t make it through there jacket, so we have put their jacket on a gallon water jug ( or deep rock jug) and have been able to easily drain the water out of the bottle. Have not had a bullet stopped by a jacket, jeans, winter coat yet.
                            Last edited by critter69; 04-20-2019, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
                              I can barely get away with the TCP, p365 doesn’t work out well in suit slacks, I’m tried, plus front carry wallet and phone. P365 weights a lot more and larger frame. I use a ulti clip IWB and its never seen, never felt and pretty much forget able. The P365 you know it there

I won’t even comment on jeans. No gun is going in my front pocket, just not going to fit.

Different stroke for different people

C’mon man. If you can’t get a P365 in your jeans pocket you gotta stop wearing them skinny jeans! [emoji16]

Comment

I’ve had a Bersa 380 since 2005 along with my wife. Never had a single problem out of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X