No announcement yet.

If you have Directv read this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just called and told them I was going to Direct TV now, it is $40/ month and no contract. He beat that deal and gave me more channels with no contract and no rental fees on the equipment. December will be free and January will be about $38.00. He also threw in 6 months of premium channels and a sports package. I have more than than we can watch, plus the Sportsman's channel. They can make a good deal you just have to be serious and tell them you are quitting unless they meet your demand.

Comment

This month my discounts from last year will drop and go to $90 a month after my new $30 a month offer is applied. Still too much IMO. I may call back this weekend and see if I can get a better deal. I may try the Directv now threat.

Comment

Just let my buddy know about this. I'll report back when I hear from him.

Comment

Got $60 off my monthly bill today. Ask for the loyalty department. No contract.

Comment

I called last night and all they could offer was $5.00 off with auto pay. I said no, I have been with Direct TV for fifteen years and there is a loyalty promotion. He then offered me a channel about dogs for free. I told him never mind and hung up. I will try again to get someone that speaks better English.

Comment

^^ one important note for those trying to renew their discounts that I learned. You must wait until your current promo is completely over before asking if there is anything available for the next year. With the previous year promo still on your account, you will not qualify for anything, or very little. Once it expires, give them a call or use the online chat feature. I used online chat and was able to get my promo renewed for another year. Conversation went something like, "I know my promo from last year is running out this month, and would like to see if there is anything available for my account going forward". They took a couple minutes to check, and came back saying they had great news.

Comment

in

Comment

On chat right now, looks like they’re going to give me another $30 off for 12 months. My bill will be $60 a month.

Wonder how many times you can go to the honey hole before it dries up?

Comment

Just did the chat. It was a chore but I am saving 40 a month now. Went from 72.99 plus taxes and fee's to 32.99 with taxes and fee's

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
                      Just did the chat. It was a chore but I am saving 40 a month now. Went from 72.99 plus taxes and fee's to 32.99 with taxes and fee's
                      Which package do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                        Which package do you have?
                        Not real sure. Think it's a mid grade. We get free HBO for life and already have 25 off a month because of my cell phone plan. The 40 is an added bonus

Comment

I just did the chat and they told me all that was available to me was $5 off each HBO, Showtime, and Cinemax for the next 6 months. I kept asking to extend the $50 offer from last year, and they would not budge for me.

Comment

Originally posted by CaseyB View Post
                            I just did the chat and they told me all that was available to me was $5 off each HBO, Showtime, and Cinemax for the next 6 months. I kept asking to extend the $50 offer from last year, and they would not budge for me.
                            They told me there wasn't anything at first. Then I threatened to find other service options. They put a cancelation person on the chat and that's who gave me the discount

Comment

The way to get the rebates is to tell them to cancel your service and be prepared to have it cancelled. I got $60 a month off for 12 months instantly, I told them it was still too high and I had $40 a month budgeted. The met my demand my bill will be about $38 with taxes.

Comment

Originally posted by CaseyB View Post
                                has your billing cycle already passed where you received the 12th month of the previous year promo?

Comment

Working...
                                X