No announcement yet.

Buc-ees suggestion thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I doubt they make much selling gas, but the other stuff $$$. The gas just gets you into their web .

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
      Funny, I see it the other way around: gas station that sells consumer goods. The gas (their business) and clean restrooms bring in foot traffic for all of the higher margin sales (consumer goods).

I can totally accept that point as well. Its just funny that you won’t hear anyone say they are going to hold off on taking a leak for 77 miles so they can save 2 cents per gallon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Let's ban them

Comment

They’re not making much on fuel sales. They are normally going to sale fuel at cost. They’re making 30% and more profit on most of the merchandise inside the store. Unless things have changed, that was how most smaller gas stations operated back when I was in the business.

Comment

You have the green screen for info on who has what feeders. What more do you need?

Comment

IT wouldn't be all that difficult to provide. They already have a POS system that I would be anything does a pretty good job of keeping inventory. Most of the POS systems out there will also integrate with a website as well.

Weather they would actually want to do all that is a different story, but it can be done.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                Let's ban them
                Lol

Comment

Originally posted by roughneck266 View Post
                  IT wouldn't be all that difficult to provide. They already have a POS system that I would be anything does a pretty good job of keeping inventory. Most of the POS systems out there will also integrate with a website as well.

Weather they would actually want to do all that is a different story, but it can be done.
                  I was thinking along the same lines except leaving out the POS part. I have a nephew in IT, May just have to send him a text and ask him about it.

Comment

Originally posted by roughneck266 View Post

I was thinking along the same lines except leaving out the POS part. I have a nephew in IT, May just have to send him a text and ask him about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lajita View Post
                      They’re not making much on fuel sales. They are normally going to sale fuel at cost. They’re making 30% and more profit on most of the merchandise inside the store. Unless things have changed, that was how most smaller gas stations operated back when I was in the business.
                      ^^^this. They make close to nothing on fuel. It's all about getting you inside for the food, beverage and novelty sales.

Comment

Originally posted by DimmitCo View Post
                        ^^^this. They make close to nothing on fuel. It's all about getting you inside for the food, beverage and novelty sales.
                        Ya don’t say? :P

Comment

Originally posted by DimmitCo View Post
                          This is what I gathered from the 2 managers I talked to. However they did say that the owner/owners read all the complaints. I know hunting products are not a big part of their business, but if you lived 50 to 60 miles from a location it would be so much better if you could call before you made the drive to find out they were sold out.

Comment

How about they get a got dang phone?

Comment

They are FAR more than just a "gas station" and they for whatever reason have always NOT had a number and probably never will.. And they still make money faster than they can count it......

Comment

Well, I guess we see what the morning crew has to say about this.

Comment

Working...
                                X