Buc-ees suggestion thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Well managed and a great thing going. They are a gas station and a great travel rest stop.

Comment

My dad used to have a gas station. Most stores do not make hardly anything on gas (except the ones in Junction, that is the most expensive corner in Texas I think!!).

They make their money on products they sell, gas and ice are slightly better than breakeven I would bet.

I totally understand why they do not have a phone, they would have to pay several people just to do nothing but answer it. And if it did ot get answered promptly, people would complain about that.

I don't understand why they do not have an online inventory tool, you know they have that internally. Maybe it is really expensive to roll it out to the public.

Comment

Originally posted by roughneck266 View Post
        IT wouldn't be all that difficult to provide. They already have a POS system that I would be anything does a pretty good job of keeping inventory. Most of the POS systems out there will also integrate with a website as well.

Weather they would actually want to do all that is a different story, but it can be done.
        they have an inventory management system, it's making it customer facing and keeping it updated with the back of house stuff that isn't worth it. I could send you screen shots of company's internal inventory screens that look like binary code... you can't have that on a website or we'd have another thread about not being able to understand the Buccee's inventory system

They are a cash cow and no reason to change but worth a shot if you have time. What % of TX population hunts, what % of that shops at their store, how many of those people care that they don't have a phone number or live inventory website? I agree with Dan that if I have a question about Buccee's on gas or corn prices I can get on here and find out faster than if they had a phone number

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
          I never said it wasn’t far from your typical gas station. I said: “it’s a gas station”, which is exactly what it is. It’s a gas station that you stop at to get gas and they make a majority of their money on other sales. But 95% pull in to get gas when the tank is getting low or they plan to fill up there. Hence the 50 fill up stations.

My point was they sell gas and other convenience items and purposely do that well, and are not into the business of turning into a sporting goods store so we can locate feeders and other hunting items.

They appreciate you buying their gas. That you went in to buy a coke and jerky was a bonus, that you decided to buy a cooler and a feeder was gravy. They may not be your “typical gas station”, but they are in business for the exact same reason, they just do it better than everyone else.
          Ha ha ha - Its a money pit that happens to sell gas
          I love Bucees and Im not splitting hairs with you, its whatever you want it to be. I like the comment above a gas station on steroids.
          I usually buy gas, corn and ice and then hit the Whataburger down the road !
          I have noticed they don't build "gas stations" along the interstate anymore...... its all gift shops, food, clean restrooms and we have gas too !

Comment

They need a head knotter. For people having a family reunion at the entrance to the bathrooms. Each moron deserves a big fat knot on the top of their head. Keep it moving folks or get your head knotted.

Comment

Even if at minimum, managers could call other stores for an inventory check on anything over $200.00. How many stores would they have to contact to get an "in-stock" answer. May be one, may be 9. They won't tie up that money on 47 minutes of being on hold.

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
                Place is a circus

You spelled well oiled money making machine wrong

Comment

Judging by the crowd in their stores I think they might just have it figured out.

Comment

I didn't read all the other replies so someone may have already said this...

Not having a phone didn't cost them your business... you still bought the feeder.

Comment

I think all of you are wrong - Buc-ees is not just a gas station.

It is a tourist destination and they know it. They advertise on billboards "Clean Restrooms 138 miles!" That's a 2 hour drive!

As far as the OP's suggestion - it's a great idea. The owner will listen and if enough people comment on it he will respond.

Comment

My suggestion would be that they offer up some hot food items that don't suck ***. I've yet to eat anything in there that wasn't terrible, EXCEPT for a brisket & egg breakfast taco, and it was only meh.

Comment

Having a phone number isn't worth the effort. It would ring all the time for check stock and price questions. What's funny is probably half the calls fielded would be from people that live within 20 miles.

Does it ever get under your skin when you are standing in a long check-out line or a customer service desk and the employee keeps answering the phone rather than assisting people in line?

The Buccees formula has always been pretty simple. Reel people in with cheap gas, cheap ice, clean restrooms, huge parking lots, tons of pumps, RV fueling friendly, etc. Then get them inside to buy Buccees products that have insane mark-ups. All from the premade snacks to the $10 bags of beef jerky.

What's crazy is how much the store has evolved. The original stores and test locations that still exist today aren't much different than regular gas stations. If you are ever in Pearland, Alvin or Angleton, go check out some of the older locations. If they didn't have a Bucees sign, you'd think they were Exxon.
                          Last edited by CaptainDave; 11-20-2018, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
                            Judging by the crowd in their stores I think they might just have it figured out.
                            Exactly, don’t think I’m qualified to to tell them what they’re doing wrong, because it **** sure ain’t much.

Comment

Remember not too long ago your only choice was the Pilot truck stop, Stuckey's, some old raggedy *** gas station. White people problems

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I plan my travel around Buc-ee’s location, they’re just far enough apart for older folks like me. Always quick in, quick out for me, I’m betting with a phone to answer the checkout time would be a lot longer. “If it ain’t broke, leave it alone!”

Comment

Working...
                                X