The Meateater Cookbook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Meateater Cookbook

Just came in the mail today. Thumbing through it, definitely some interesting ideas. I guess I need to go drop a couple rabbits and try the rabbit in creamy mustard sauce, is calling my name.

Click image for larger version

Name:	88A4E390-2837-4589-A2AE-3A23F29283B8.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	25164203

I listened to the podcast about that book. Sounds awesome. Lots of good pics???

Comment

Mine should be at home when I get there.

Comment

Lots of high quality pics. Nice hardback 350 page book.

Comment

I thought they were "pre-order" only at this time. Need to check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
            Pre-orders shipped on Monday from Amazon.

Comment

They were released today. If you pre ordered on Amazon, they should show up today at your house.

Comment

Rinella is good but Hank Shaw has better cookbooks imo
                Hank Shaw's website featuring more than 1200 wild game recipes, fish and seafood recipes, foraging tips, fermentation, preserving, and pasta.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                  Pre-orders shipped on Monday from Amazon.
                  Thanks for the Christmas Gift Idea

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                    Rinella is good but Hank Shaw has better cookbooks imo
                    https://honest-food.net
                    I agree. Hank is the man when it comes to wild game cooking. He was on Meateater in one of the earlier seasons. They pretty much said something along the lines of Hank is a chef first, hunter second. Rinella is a hunter first, chef second.

And Hank may have better cookbooks, but that doesn't mean that this one should be passed over.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz83 View Post
                      I agree. Hank is the man when it comes to wild game cooking. He was on Meateater in one of the earlier seasons. They pretty much said something along the lines of Hank is a chef first, hunter second. Rinella is a hunter first, chef second.

And Hank may have better cookbooks, but that doesn't mean that this one should be passed over.
                      Sorry didn’t mean it that way. I love Rinella and his writing/storytelling. I’ll be ordering this one to go with his other books I have.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                        Yeah I preordered it a month or two ago and forgot about it. Nice surprise.

And yeah I agree there are several other Wild game cook books worthy of gracing my shelf.

Comment

Will wait for the reviews. I actually got his 2 volume series on a great deal for some of the recipes and game knowledge (the how to hunt part was comprehensive but pretty basic.)

He has some pretty good recipes in the past... would be interested to see if he has anything new worth checking out.

Comment

Working...
                          X