Fishing near Angel Fire advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fishing near Angel Fire advice

I'm taking the wife and two sons next week up to the Angel Fire area and looking for some fishing advice. We'll be fishing light spinning tackle-lakes or rivers are fine. This is not a "fishing" trip but we would like to get out a couple of times and catch some. I'm familiar with Colorado but have only been to NM in winter months. Help a brother out?

Eagle Nest Lake is right there to the north with Yellow Perch, Trut and Pike. Just east of Eagle Nest is the Cimarron River.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
      Eagle Nest Lake is right there to the north with Yellow Perch, Trut and Pike. Just east of Eagle Nest is the Cimarron River.

Thank you! We will probably hit a local fishing shop to pick their brains a bit too

Comment

Eagle Nest with topwater for Pike. We fished the North end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Y’all fishing eagles nest from the bank? Heading there next week

Comment

Originally posted by skelsey View Post
            Y’all fishing eagles nest from the bank? Heading there next week

We did. Just waded out in the north end.

Comment

Look up UU Bar Ranch. I believe they have some lakes you can pay to fish at lower levels and a couple of great trout lakes at higher altitude.

I had a high school buddies Dad take me a few times on the ranch. Fishing was really good but seeing elk, bear, mule deer every day was really cool. I've got two on the wall over 20" from one of the lakes.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by TCB View Post
                  Look up UU Bar Ranch. I believe they have some lakes you can pay to fish at lower levels and a couple of great trout lakes at higher altitude.

I had a high school buddies Dad take me a few times on the ranch. Fishing was really good but seeing elk, bear, mule deer every day was really cool. I've got two on the wall over 20" from one of the lakes.

That sounds awesome. I'll check them out

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                    We did. Just waded out in the north end.

How did y'all do?

Comment

Originally posted by TCB View Post

Gave them a call. Apparently you have to be a guest staying on the property to fish there

Comment

Managed to hook a good fish. Been raining a bunch while we've been here but we got out and fished a little. Didn't have scales but it was just over 22" long.

Comment

Nice rainbow! Is that eagles nest? I’ve been watching the weather and it’s been wet every day with more on the way this week. Headed there tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

**** that is a great fish! You catch that at eagle nest?

Comment

Didn't take you long to find the fish.

Comment

Working...
                              X