Can't Open Champion Safe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't Open Champion Safe

I have a Champion safe with an S&G dial combination. I have meticulously input the correct numbers following the 4-3-2 procedure as directed by the website. Anyone any insight or other helpful information? Not interested in switching over to electronic.

Once you hit the final number are you spinning back past zero until it stops?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by hrdwrkncwby76 View Post
      Once you hit the final number are you spinning back past zero until it stops?

Yep

I had issues some time ago, but for the last couple years I could open it easily. Now we are back to not getting along.
      Last edited by Fargus; 07-15-2021, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
        Yep

Spun it around a lot and reset the process I’m assuming?

Comment

Spin the dial counter clockwise more than four times. Then go thru there procedure once again. Mine works sometimes 3-2-1 I've noticed

Comment

Ha^^^
            Missed by a second

Comment

Try lightly tapping on the dial when you hit your numbers...you may also have to play around hitting 1 digit off +/-

One you get it open, have a smith come re-set it.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                Try lightly tapping on the dial when you hit your numbers...you may also have to play around hitting 1 digit off +/-

One you get it open, have a smith come re-set it.
                this is what i had to do. i erred to one number lower and it worked for me

Comment

on the 3-2-1 sequence. what ever your second number is, add +1 to it, then continue with your opening sequence. no lock smith is necessary as you just have a new 3-2-1 sequence that is one number different than the original. it will open every time on that new sequence. that make any sense?

Comment

Dynamite. Saw it on Bonanza a few times. Sorry couldn't resist. I have the same fear with my Browning safe. Good luck.

Comment

Had it happen to one. Gave it to a buddy.

Comment

The combination may have drifted. You can try dropping one digit on all your numbers to see if this provides consistency. If not, try keeping your original combo, but drop the second number down two digits. This is what customer service told me to try. I dropped one digit and that worked for me.

Comment

If none of that works, make sure it is level. Not likely since it’s sounds like you’ve had it awhile, but just thought I’d throw it out.

Comment

Most likely the numbers have drifted.

Another consideration is the door binding. Is the safe bolted down? Two bolts or four?

Comment

Originally posted by Tbar View Post
                              Most likely the numbers have drifted.

Another consideration is the door binding. Is the safe bolted down? Two bolts or four?
                              If I could get it open, I would let you know, but it has been installed for so long that I can't recall.

Comment

Working...
                              X