One in the chamber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One in the chamber

How often do you carry and not put one in the chamber?

I am going to admit I've gotten lazy of late and do not chamber a round. If its a short trip, and I know I'll be home soon I don't bother. I know I need to, but its the PITA (to me) to get home and de-chamber the weapon for storage.

Decided today that I need to get better and secure storage, so once I chamber around, I can store the weapon when I get home. And stop dealing with unchambering the round for storage.

So, again with the question. How often do you carry and not chamber a round?

never. i cannot fathom why a person would want to carry a tool to defend themselves, and not have it ready to defend themselves.

All of my handguns, and most of my long guns are one safety click away from saving my life.

Comment

Never. My gun stays loaded at all times. No kids in my house so no worries when I put it on top of my chest of drawers. Another loaded one in my headboard.

Comment

Loaded 24/7

Comment

Incredibly stupid to carry without one in the chamber.

Might as well carry a brick with you.

Comment

I dont have a carry license yet (working on it) but I always have one close by, whether at home or in the truck, and its chambered and ready. When I get my ltc it will be chambered and ready as well. Too much can happen too fast and if youre not ready you might as well not have it. Not knocking anyone who doesnt but thats my opinion for myself.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Never.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

It's hard to break the safety first concept my dad beat into my head growing up. Walking around, using guns to take legal game and all. We didnt think of guns as protection 30 years ago, second thought if at all. That's a recent thing for rural people.

One in the hole and a topped off mag these days

Comment

Always hot. There’s cheaper hammers if I wanted to carry one of them instead.

Comment

Never. Ever.

Comment

Never have one in the chamber

Comment

I never keep a round in the chamber, just how I was raised. What is y’all’s safety protocol especially when little hands are around?

Comment

Not again…..

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                            Never. My gun stays loaded at all times. No kids in my house so no worries when I put it on top of my chest of drawers. Another loaded one in my headboard.
                            Never

Comment

Originally posted by kjheiter View Post
                              I never keep a round in the chamber, just how I was raised. What is y’all’s safety protocol especially when little hands are around?
                              Retention and/or out of their reach.

Comment

Working...
                              X