Reddit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reddit.

For those unfamiliar, Reddit if an online forum where anyone can credit a forum of a specific topic. For example there is a subreddit called r/bowhunting where folks get together and discuss bowhunting.

I got a new phone recently and clicked a link to view a page on reddit. The phone prompted me to make a choice: open reddit in Chrome, the web browser, or download the Reddit app. Knowing how the IT folks probably operate, I decided downloading the app would be in my best interest as the developers probably put more time and effort into an easier and more enjoyable experience on the app versus the mobile version on Chrome.

I can't say for certain, but I believe they are using my geolocation as within 24 hours I started getting updates for the subreddit titled r/Texas.

I was pumped! I love Texas! I love being a Texan! And, I love just about everything Texas and its citizens stand for! Lucky me! Multiple daily updates on the greatest state in the USA!

I was wrong. So, so wrong.

There has not been one post yet that isn't a compelte *****-session where blue haired SJW's gather to ***** about everything. Everything. It takes every fiber of my being not to respond to these idiots.

Today someone who just moved to the Round Rock area got on their and posted about how offended they were that THREE FAMILIES personally reached out to the new family in the neighborhood and invited their kids to their vacation Bible school. He says, "I politely refused, explaining that I was a disciple of the Flying Spaghetti Monster church."

At the very least, allow your kids to go outside and make new friends instead of keeping them closed minded little minions.

And more move here every day.

Comment

The Texas one is not nearly as bad as the Austin page. I’m really not sure why I keep opening the app. It’s a lib breeding ground and you’ll get shat on for even expressing a different opinion.

Comment

The r/Austin subreddit can get pretty nutty, too.

Comment

Reddit is a cesspool lol

Comment

In general Reddit is pretty heavy left. The Texas sub is more vocally left, but there’s a mix on there. People seem to love to hate on Abbott. When I first joined Reddit there was more of an anti-Facebook mentality on Reddit in general, but it’s basically Facebook with some of the ignorant crap on there. I still find a lot of good info and subs on Reddit though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I keep my reddit reading to specific topics that don't usually get politics dragged in. On the rare occasion I see a generic home page it is always lefty stuff.

If you don't like people crapping on Texas it is best to avoid any type of social media, discussion group, or hunting forum not based here. People who just moved here/never been will gladly tell you how it's a terrible state loaded with worse people.

Comment

offended by people being offended wow

Comment

Just look at Reddit as a news aggregate site where you're getting to sift through links you would've likely never seen otherwise.

If you're actually commenting on stuff on reddit... then lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
                    offended by people being offended wow
                    I would say thats a bit of a stretch. I am not offended. More annoyed at the fact that every single post - all of them - i am getting notified about them on my phone and they all are about of people softer than baby chit bitching about how wrong everything we do is. Couple this with the fact that they were not born here and made a choice to come here, and want to complain about everything. Every. Single. Thing.

Comment

Reddit is prime internet you absolutely can’t get on it if you get offended by everything.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                        I would say thats a bit of a stretch. I am not offended. More annoyed at the fact that every single post - all of them - i am getting notified about them on my phone and they all are about of people softer than baby chit bitching about how wrong everything we do is. Couple this with the fact that they were not born here and made a choice to come here, and want to complain about everything. Every. Single. Thing.
                        So, you’re b!tching about their b!tching,

Comment

Gotta turn them notifications off. I just access it via safari.
                          The real merit of Reddit is in the s/whatcouldgowrong, s/holup, and s/playstupidgames subs. Mankind’s failures on display for your viewing enjoyment!
                          Last edited by txpitdog; 07-08-2021, 12:56 PM.

Comment

My buddy told me the milf page has less bitching. I might check it out one of these days.

Comment

Originally posted by 67olds442 View Post
                              My buddy told me the milf page has less bitching. I might check it out one of these days.

Man there is all kinds of crazy crap on there .

Comment

Working...
                              X