How much is it worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much is it worth?

Last fall I bought a project 1980 Jeep CJ7 for my son and I to work on. We did a lot of work on it and spent a lot of money on it. But like I expected, he got busy and so did I and we don’t have time to finish it. It was running but we changed the wiring harness and distributor and now it won’t start. I assume that the timing is off. It also needs reverse gear replaced. The teeth on the gear is broken and it will jump out of reverse.

I put new seats (front and back), headlights, bikini top, roll bar pads, soft half doors, front and rear bumpers, radiator, master cylinder, distributor, seat belts, gas tank and windshield.

The body is beat up some and has a few rust spots. But it’s not in bad shape. It would make a great lease Jeep and with some work it could be road worthy.

So what do you think it’s worth as it sits right now? We have decided to sell it and put what we get towards his first truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Comment

What Ever you can get! You will be able to get more if it is running

Comment

I'll guess maybe a couple grand, likely less. I was shopping for a jeep a few years back. I seem to recall 4k would get a pretty decent ride. There's some jeep guys that would have a better idea then me. You'll need to specify the engine, locking hubs, diff, etc. to really get an idea on what you could get.

Comment

Originally posted by dfkoon View Post
              I'll guess maybe a couple grand, likely less. I was shopping for a jeep a few years back. I seem to recall 4k would get a pretty decent ride. There's some jeep guys that would have a better idea then me. You'll need to specify the engine, locking hubs, diff, etc. to really get an idea on what you could get.
              I think this is pretty close--perhaps $2500. The fact that it is not running really hurts it. I think you would get your money back and significantly more if it was a cheap fix to have a mechanic or buddy get it running.

Comment

Working...
              X