Elk Mount Elk Horns Repurpose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have an older 5x5 shoulder mount that’s seen it’s better days.
    I have no desire to go back with a shoulder mount (they take up way too much space)and am considering having it converted to a plaque mount. Any other ideas what I could do (keeping the rack intact) with it ? I thought about a rod holder but that wouldn’t hold very many

I’ll add the pictures shortly

A few pictures

No idea why they’re upside down.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by W E H; 03-21-2021, 09:21 AM. Reason: Upside down

Comment

No, I had one that I contributed to my local gun club as it really took up too much space. No longer member of the gun club and wish I had found something else for him.

Comment

Here’s what I did with my elk.
        Attached Files

Comment

What RS3 has or you could have something made out of the antlers if you're willing to split the rack.
          They make nice floor lamps and you can always just attach an antler to the wall horizontally and it becomes a coat or hat rack.

Comment

If you split, you might see if Jason still makes antler chandeliers/lamps.

Comment

Looks like you got plenty of room in your shop, I would hang him up in there.

Comment

Originally posted by topher View Post
                Looks like you got plenty of room in your shop, I would hang him up in there.
                I’m leaning to converting to a plaque mount. And probably hanging it there or in my office. It’s just shedding and peeling and I don’t want to repair that and I’m not sure how you stop the shedding.

Comment

If you decide to separate them I could put together a nice floor lamp. Would need a couple more antlers for balancing but it is a great way to display them. Just an idea.

I personally like RS3 idea

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                    If you decide to separate them I could put together a nice floor lamp. Would need a couple more antlers for balancing but it is a great way to display them. Just an idea.

I personally like RS3 idea
                    Thank you for the offer. I’d like them to stay together too.

Comment

Elk antler plaques look really nice, I think you are on the right direction. Good luck. Post pics of the final product.

Comment

I made a wall table and used the elk horns as the “legs”

Don’t look at the wall paneling or fake zebra rug, it was a bachelor rental. [emoji23]

Last edited by Heath; 04-30-2021, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by W E H View Post
                          Thank you for the offer. I’d like them to stay together too.
                          What RS3 did looks cool. Keep together looks best, just me.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                            I made a wall table and used the elk horns as the “legs”

Don’t look at the wall paneling or fake zebra rug, it was a bachelor rental. [emoji23]
                            That’s cool, Heath!

What do you do if one side of the rack is longer than the other?!?

Comment

I’m a fan of the wall mount plaque as well.

If you run out of room or get tired of it or shoot a bunch more bigger bulls, you can always swap out the old for newer antlers.

I’ve bought from here for both deer and my elk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X