What kind of pack are you using?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m looking at getting a new pack. I like the bucket style packs but I’m not rea sure what all is out there. I will walk in with a saddle rig at times and climb into my tree stand at my lease. Might even do day elk trips in the mountains. I’m hoping I can find something that will fit all my needs.

I ordered the Sitka cargo box for public deer hunting but haven’t had a chance to use it. Has a nice waist belt to help with any weight. Also has some good storage and organization to it and will hold plenty of gear. Side pockets in buckle and there spots to attach climbing sticks. The bag comes off the frame and you can attach a lock on as well. I don’t do the saddle hunting but my buddy does and this will for sure carry all you need. And from my last 3 years in Colorado, this would work well for day hikes. I have a kifaru fulcrum that I use for elk hunting. It works for public deer as well but it’s more of a pain to get in and out bc it’s very modular with several compression straps and buckles. But it will secure and haul more weight than I want to carry! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

I just bought the "Insights Vision Bow Pack". Lets me store the bow in the pack and walk/climb hands free. Can access the bow pretty quickly if I happen to jump one up. I'm usually walking in with bow, climber, and back pack, and a grocery sack full of corn. Its a pain in the ***, especially when its hot outside. This pack is comfortable, has plenty of storage and keeps my hands free. I also keep my quiver attached to the bow, it fits just fine.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wlEPY5z4f0"]Insights hunting Vision pack product video - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Mystery Ranch Pop Up 38. Works for a day pack, can carry my stand, sticks etc w it and it can be used to haul out game if you need to. I love the versatility.

Comment

The Badlands 2200 pack has been my favorite for the last 8 yrs. Quiet and comfortable while in a tree or during long hikes with weight on it. Lots of options for storage and somewhat expandable. I like that the pack has unconditional warranty but I haven't had to use it...very durable.

Comment

I'm a huge fan of Hill People Gear and Seek Outside for packs.

Comment

If I’m on a long haul over 20 miles I use a Kavu and a lifestraw for water. I use a backpack for short distances while hunting. I don’t like anything causing my back to heat up. I also never wear boots. The amount of excess weight moved per mile per extra pounds of footwear is incredible.

Last edited by Johnny44; 10-09-2020, 12:07 PM.

Comment

I use a Tenzing TZ2220, its been a really good pack for me so far.

Comment

I have a couple of Stone Glacier packs. They are great. I have a Kiowa 3200 that I use as a daypack and a Sky Talus 6900 when I need lots of room.

Comment

I have a Sitka Tool Bucket. It’s a great pack. My biggest complaint is that the water bottle holder sucks. Other than that it sits wide open and lets you access your gear quietly while in the stand.

Comment

I have a mystery ranch pintler and it does me good. Worked all last season. Can be loaded down big or ran pretty small. Can be used to pack out a good load as well.

Comment

I tend to pick from the following:

Horn Hunter Full Curl
                          Mystery Ranch Metcalf, Bighorn, Longbow
                          Kifaru Apollo on a bikini frame
                          Kuiu Icon Pro 1800
                          Exo 2000 or 3200

I think I have a pack problem . Really depends on the planned application that day.

Comment

I’m a saddle hunter as well. I wanted save a little money so I went with Alps eps. Tons of room, many compartments, and meat hauling capabilities. Money really was not an option bc it was a toss up between the mystery ranch pop up 28, which I liked a lot but did not have the I individual compartments. If I ever go on a western I will probably buy the mystery ranch. But for saddle hunting public, alps eps traverse has my vote. I’m not dragging a deer. Only complaint is the zipper is loud. I have to leave it unzipped once I get to my tree.

Comment

Working...
                            X