Roadrunner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roadrunner

Had a crazy encounter with a roadrunner today. We were checking and feeding cattle and heard a funny noise, then turned around and a this guy had hopped onto the 4wheeler. Then he hung out with us a for a while and kept running in circles around us. If I can figure out how to post a video I’ll do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone loves Honda's ! That's pretty cool.

Comment

Yep, roadrunners are cool birds, they have lots of personality and attitude. Great pic of that one. Over the years I have experienced myself and have heard about roadrunners kind of taking up with people for a while. I had one hang around in my backyard off and on for a couple of years. Will watch for your vid of this guy if you can post it up.

Comment

You reckon Wile E. was lurking around in the bushes ?

Comment

Roadrunner

Attempt at the video

Video of him coming to greet us when we came back.

Last edited by mrpetera; 06-14-2020, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 3ChordTruth View Post
            Yep, roadrunners are cool birds, they have lots of personality and attitude. Great pic of that one. Over the years I have experienced myself and have heard about roadrunners kind of taking up with people for a while. I had one hang around in my backyard off and on for a couple of years. Will watch for your vid of this guy if you can post it up.

Yeah, after our first encounter we left and did some other things around the ranch. When we went back to the area he was in a tree and got down to visit us a second time. He kept bringing bugs like he was offering us a meal. It was a pretty cool encounter. We have several videos.

Comment

That is a cool experience.....cool video

Comment

That’s crazy. I shot a bobcat one time because of a roadrunner. Was hanging out in a brush blind when a roadrunner ran by. Right when he got into my shooting lane he flared up kinda funny and took off. I went ahead and got my bow ready. Sure enough a few seconds later a bobcat came stalking through.

Comment

That's a cool video, not sure what to think of it, I am thinking he likes the female.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                    That's a cool video, not sure what to think of it, I am thinking he likes the female.

My best guess was that it’s mating season for them or something, I’ve never seen anything like it.

Comment

You could always upload to YouTube and post the link. Video quality will be preserved

Comment

Great video. They are cool and curious critters. We have one that comes and visits us at the lease when we are hanging out on the porch of an evening. Walks around like he/she (?) owns the place and barks at us

Comment

That was cool. I got a good laugh

Comment

That video of him running circles around her is hilarious, once in a lifetime for sure.

Comment

Interesting!

Comment

Working...
                              X