Kauai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kauai

We went to Kauai last month. It was a great trip. TONS of photos. I took about 1,500 pics. I'm still working through them. Here's a few....

The kid in the back of the boat was getting pretty sea sick, just about the time the sun broke through the clouds and the light got really good. The boat captain started hauling it back to shore, so that made photography tough. I was hanging on to the rail with one hand and had my camera in the other hand. I had to try to time my pics between splashes off the big waves. Somehow I managed to get several decent pics that were actually level and everything. It was wild.

Wow! Those are outstanding pics sir!!

Comment

Great pics. See some chickens there?

Comment

Great pics. Planning to be there in Feb.

Comment

As usual, you pics are amazing.

Comment

always enjoy the pics from GS. Outstanding!!

Comment

Absolutely beautiful place. Thanks for sharing

Comment

Unbelievable!

Comment

Incredible captures!!

Comment

Beautiful pictures now you're making me homesick

Comment

Stunning! I am going to Maui in January, and hope I can come back with some pictures half as nice! You are a very talented photographer Shane.

Comment

Nice pics Shane, I was looking forward to this thread after seeing your photo contest entry last month! What were you shooting with on the trip, I'm a sucker for a good sunrise/sunset shot and yours are stunning to say the least!

Comment

Originally posted by nativeaustin View Post
                          Great pics. See some chickens there?
                          Just a few. They need some bobcats and foxes on that island pretty bad.

Originally posted by agtex42 View Post
                          Nice pics Shane, I was looking forward to this thread after seeing your photo contest entry last month! What were you shooting with on the trip, I'm a sucker for a good sunrise/sunset shot and yours are stunning to say the least!
                          I'm still processing pics. I'm down to one day's worth on my 7D and then a few hundred to sort through on a waterproof point and shoot. I ended up with 1,139 pics on my 7D (after deleting a bunch that were obviously not keepers). I don't even know how many are on the point and shoot yet. I took several on there, and Zach took a bunch. And then there's my cell phone camera (Samsung S5 Active)....

Mostly I was using the 7D though. I took my Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 and my Tokina 12-24mm f/4. My wife had her Canon T2i and a Canon 24-105mm f/2.8L. Point and shoot is an Olympus Stylus TG-4. It's a pretty decent little camera.

I found this little tripod before the trip, so I bought it to take with me. I used it for all of the long shutter speed stuff with the milky waves and sunrises, etc.... It's a nice tripod, for the money especially. Very light weight, but I hung my camera bag on the hook under the support post. That weighted it down pretty good and made it very stable.

Comment

Great Pictures

Comment

amazing pictures

Comment

Working...
                              X