Outdoor Kitchen Designs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
    Not going to settle for that. It will be built right before it’s all over. I used to frame forts like this when I was 9 years old.

Katy. I’ll let everyone know the company after it’s all said and done. I’m going to give him a chance to make it right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Don't blame ya!!

Sad thing is how many people have got the same work and don't know

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by c3products20 View Post
      I thought my 8yr old, 5yr old and 3yr did some questionable carpentry work!!!! Lol

This is a whole different level!

They for hire

Comment

It's not terrible but far from professional IMO. Do what you can to salvage the project and get most of your money's worth. Hopefully he isn't too far ahead of you on it so if you have to fire him and bring in a whole new crew it won't sting too much.

Where did you find this guy? Did he come with references?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutRam2500 View Post
          It's not terrible but far from professional IMO. Do what you can to salvage the project and get most of your money's worth. Hopefully he isn't too far ahead of you on it so if you have to fire him and bring in a whole new crew it won't sting too much.

Where did you find this guy? Did he come with references?

We have paid a hair under 50%. I hope he makes it right and I can come back and say he did the right think. I had a reference and his finished product looks really well. I’m just disappointed in his lack of showing up and making sure his subs do good work.

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
            We have paid a hair under 50%. I hope he makes it right and I can come back and say he did the right think. I had a reference and his finished product looks really well. I’m just disappointed in his lack of showing up and making sure his subs do good work.

I always tell people contractors are only as good as their "C" teams. Especially in busy times like these. If by luck you got the A crew on your project great but I'd like to hear from the guy who got the C crew.

Comment

Hope you get it resolved. That’s pretty crude framing. Seeing it more and more as new crews form daily (everyone wants to be a framer). I’m so limited on time I can work I will only work for choice builders that I know I don’t have 3 days of prep in building it right before I start

Comment

I’d be livid. That’s so far from right!

Hope he does the right thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Benno View Post
                  Sorry you’re having to deal with this. Sucks when a contractor turns out to be a scheduler and doesn’t know what he’s doing. There is zero reasons to be short on concrete, simple math, the framing is just a matter of crews not knowing how to frame. In my experiences it’s best to just cut ties with the guy now. He’ll probably loose money on the job to make it right and I’d bet that’s not an option for him. He probably could have agreed to 30yr warranty on the slab because he won’t be in business for very long.

You obviously haven’t figured concrete for many jobs!

Walls and elevated decks are easy to hit 100% but anything poured on the ground has a huge +/- variance. His fix was stupid though!

Comment

I would not accept that and would have him tear it out. You need a monolithic pour. The backs don't have the same psi as the truck. Unacceptable

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                      You obviously haven’t figured concrete for many jobs!

Walls and elevated decks are easy to hit 100% but anything poured on the ground has a huge +/- variance. His fix was stupid though!
                      You’d be wrong. He’s not pouring a 150yrd slab with varying beam widths or depths.

Comment

The bad part is he put us off until tomorrow at 6pm. Said he had meetings all last week and today. When he gets here we are going to start with the framing punch list and see if we even get to all issues with his fireplace design. I have all the codes I could find on fireplaces printed out. If anyone has any fireplace clearance codes please let me know. We live in the city of Fulshear, so I would hope the city inspector will fail the framing and fire place design.

Comment

Can’t believe that you have stopped construction and he still pushes the meeting off until tomorrow. This sounds like the exact same scenario my BIL was in a couple months ago. It’s almost ten same build as well. He had to fire the GC lose money and re hire a new contractor.

Comment

Call the city inspector and ask questions maybe even show him what it looks like now. Everything about that structure has poor quality written all over it. He wouldn’t be getting paid anymore and his *** would be gone.

Comment

all reasons to do the work myself. sure it takes longer but i know its done right and better than code.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiderpig1776 View Post
                                Call the city inspector and ask questions maybe even show him what it looks like now. Everything about that structure has poor quality written all over it. He wouldn’t be getting paid anymore and his *** would be gone.

Just left them a message. He’s not getting anymore money.

Comment

Working...
                                X