Official 2020 - 2021 Lakes Whitney and Aquilla hunting and fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
    I will. Taking the check book with me. Can you think of anything I might want to know about the area? Good... Bad...
    That community is OK. Most folk are just country folk. Lampasas store and you can find all the drama in the area. As well as anything you want to know. It's in Lakeside village. Nearest grocery store is in Whitney. Hillsboro will give a lot more selection and has a walmart.

Like most rural areas, there is always some questionable people.

But also lots of good old country churches with good folk in the area. And a few cowboy churches as well.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Egan Burger Barn
      Nicky D’s in Crowley
      No Frills in Burleson
      Frescos was fun last time
      Hickory Tree Grill in Joshua
      Roughnecks in Rio Vista
      Hurtado BBQ in Arlington (I’m not sure about AC)
      Torque Grill & Cantina in Joshua
      Cousins BBQ in Crowley
      Hoots in Rendon
      Texas Brewing Company in Burleson

Just to name a few places, Mike!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great suggestions NannySlayer~!

Anymore, anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
          Like most rural areas, there is always some questionable people.
          HEY!

I resemble that remark.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
            HEY!

I resemble that remark.

But not as many as there are in the city!

Howdy JD!

Comment

ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNDDD for those interested, there WILL be a 2021 15th Annual Pre Season G2G in August.

I just haven't decided where yet. Open for suggestions. And it needs to be air-conditioned for us seniors.

And we will have to bypass the 14th annual G2G. And remember it as the year of 14th-Covid.
              I wish I could make it but my off days are Tuesday and Wednesday.

Comment

You'll be missed, Storm.

Comment

You rebel! [emoji849][emoji12][emoji38]

I ain't coming in August afternoon and paying a day fee to sweat my but off to cook a couple burgers if there's no AC. [emoji23]

Mind over matter, iffin you don't mind- it don't matter.
                  Last edited by Razorback01; 07-31-2021, 09:09 PM. Reason: add smiley

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                    Mind over matter, iffin you don't mind- it don't matter.
                    Mind over matt-r is right. My mind will be some place else, like another universe [emoji23]. And I'm guessing you're gonna haul me to the e-room when I stroke out and stop breath-n? [emoji23]

Heat exhaustion is one thing. Been there many many times when I was younger and racing and training all the time through the summer. Putting in 400+ miles on the bike, running over 30, plus 10 miles in the water, all in a week's time.

Stroke is another. It ain't heat exhaustion, although heat edxhaustion can lead to heat stroke. Heat Stroke is extremely dangerous to the point that the central nervous system shuts down. It can happen very fast. You lose consciousness, organs begin to shut down, breathing becomes very shallow before it stops, then the heart fades. And the brain dies.. Sometimes the lasting effects after recovery can be organ or brain damage. I've been extremely close twice. Last time was in Aug when we got drawn for Navarro. That's why I don't fish in the summer anymore. Or do anything else outside much. Heck, I get dizzy and over heated outside just around the house sometimes. Takes me a couple hours to get my core temp down after I go inside. Sadly, it holds me up from getting a lot done anymore. Throw in my other health problems, and I'd just be asking for trouble.

It's true that once you have a good dose of it, you just become more susceptible to it.

And I ain't as tough as you any more. [emoji23]

Comment

You must be getting old, Razorback. I keep having to remind ya.

Comment

On another note:

The "Pool Party" is back!

I'll have details up, along with a link to the thread, by next weekend.

Comment

I'm up for anything that includes AC.

Did the State ASA Tournament couple of weekends ago. The course was great and a lot of shade. But it was still hot. I was doing well until the last 6 targets. Started getting wobbly.

I agree, once you have had heat exhaustion you are more susceptible to it. Same with the cold. Once you've been really, really cold, I don't think you ever warm up.

TG, you must've done the big races back when.

Comment

I will probably be stuck in Iowa. I sure am tired of iowa

Comment

Mind over matt-r is right. My mind will be some place else, like another universe [emoji23]. And I'm guessing you're gonna haul me to the e-room when I stroke out and stop breath-n? [emoji23]

Heat exhaustion is one thing. Been there many many times when I was younger and racing and training all the time through the summer. Putting in 400+ miles on the bike, running over 30, plus 10 miles in the water, all in a week's time.

Stroke is another. It ain't heat exhaustion, although heat edxhaustion can lead to heat stroke. Heat Stroke is extremely dangerous to the point that the central nervous system shuts down. It can happen very fast. You lose consciousness, organs begin to shut down, breathing becomes very shallow before it stops, then the heart fades. And the brain dies.. Sometimes the lasting effects after recovery can be organ or brain damage. I've been extremely close twice. Last time was in Aug when we got drawn for Navarro. That's why I don't fish in the summer anymore. Or do anything else outside much. Heck, I get dizzy and over heated outside just around the house sometimes. Takes me a couple hours to get my core temp down after I go inside. Sadly, it holds me up from getting a lot done anymore. Throw in my other health problems, and I'd just be asking for trouble.

It's true that once you have a good dose of it, you just become more susceptible to it.

And I ain't as tough as you any more. [emoji23]

I don’t remember having a heat stroke, but apparently I overheated enough to burn away part of my hearing in my right ear.

I still get headaches in the heat if I’m scouting in august and the thermometer is nearing a hundred. I used to think it was dehydration but I guess it’s just heart exertion.

It ain’t fun!

Comment

I used to get that temporary hearing when over heating Kirby. Sounds would become muffled for a little while. It can also happen when your heart rate is near maximum when working out on the bike too. I've also been to the point of tunnel vision when near maximum.

Comment

Working...
                                X