Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It is really bad, and in San Antonio it seems to be happening more and more. A few weeks ago I helped a buddy put a clutch in 94 Toyota pickup that he bought from a lease mate. He had it inspected and said he would run it around town until deer season. He had it parked at Walmart and was inside maybe 15 minutes and someone busted out the back window on it. They didn’t take anything because there was nothing to take. The truck has manual locks and you could probably get in with a slim Jim in no time, but know he has to replace the back window. The police officer said they were probably looking for guns since it had los cazadores stcker on it. He said he drove that truck because he was tired of his other truck being messed with. Crazy times.

Comment

Question to OP
        Do you have any kind of sticker on your truck like tbh or hunting etc

Also these thieves always target ford's and Chevy even when I was a kid you could pop a screwdriver under the Chevy door handle and be in in seconds... you would think the manufacturer would reinforce or fix this issue

Toyota? I dunno but they are stealing the cats off them jap trucks

Comment

I would rather them take the truck completely than just break the door and take bunch of crap. i dont want the truck at that point. I dont wanna see it again.

Comment

Ford makes a bracket for the lock but its not full proof. And while some targets may be guns and while guns may be a target, really they'll take anything. I had a f150 popped and took the tool bag in back seat and fishing rod. Funny thing they didnt take anything out of the tool-box.

Now last time they broke my f250 window, blue suggested to leave nothing in the vehicle except CDs in the console and leave it unlocked because most break-ins are not to steal the vehicle. This way they don't damage property, take the CDs and run.
            But I really don't know the percentage break-ins meant to steal the complete vehicle.

Comment

Unless they are Garth Brooks CDs.

Comment

got demo ranch too!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKWZnDFwLrs"]Someone Broke Into My Truck.... - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

I say we get together and set these fools up. catch them in the act and meter out some Texas justice.

other than that it will only get worse.

Comment

Been getting worse here in the Houston cesspool as well. Catalytic converters have been added to the hot ticket item list, along with 20" factory wheels and complete ford super duties. Our soft skulled county judge, lifelong crony mayor, and bleeding heart DA don't care. The thieves usually fit into the "looking for a better life" crowd, so they get a pass. Leave your car unlocked, some punk will trash it to steal $1 in change. Lock it, they'll bust a window to steal that $1. IF the police catch them, which they won't because they're spread too thin and afraid of being called racist, the trash is out in less than 24 hours to do it again. Sign of the times I guess...

Comment

Working...
                    X