No announcement yet.

What kind of snake? Longview Tx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If that's a rat snake, it's been eating very well for a while, and it just shed it's skin. I would leave it alone it it is.
    If not a rat snake, I would say someone's pet got loose and needs to be rounded up quickly. Truthfully, I would go find it, take someone who knows snakes and let them identify it. It really looks like something not native to North America.
    Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 05-31-2021, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Western Ratsnake. Pantherophis obsoletus. Nonvenomous.
      Last edited by dustoffer; 05-31-2021, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
        Texas rat and a huge one.
        X2

And been eating some good meals.

Comment

Thats a Texas rat snake, AKA chicken snake.
          They are great climbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Preacher Man View Post
            That looks like a bull snake
            This

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

after reading all the responses, at least everyone is in agreement that is is positively a snake !

i'm going to pass on guessing because i don't know, what kind it is,, just sure it does not look like any native bad ones

Comment

i had one just like that under the seat of my kawasaki trans mule, between the gas tank and the seat , went for a drive with a buddy ... about 1/2 mile out, snake came up between my legs , and through the steering wheel... my buddy looked at me and jumped off like a darn cricket while we were still moving ... i climbed into the back seat and the mule stopped ... it stretched out on the hood , then went down and back under the mule ... i lost it in the grass after that ... it looked like a rattlesnake at first with that triangle head , but it had round eyes .. scared the crap out of both of us ... but harmless ...

Comment

You have chickens, you will have this snake close by. They are harmless but will scare your shoes off. They also love eggs, chicken, bird, or any other eggs. That includes bird chicks. As I hate snakes, they all die if I catch them.....

Comment

Western Rat.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Easy....... a BMFer

Comment

Seen one today in neighbors barn, about 6 ft long .it was stretched out on the concrete. As I was walking out a good size mouse ran in front of me, believe it was waiting on supper. That one gets a pass, if I find them in my chicken house, no pass.

Comment

Monster chicken/rat snake that will get wherever he wants to go now. Doubt there are many hawks that can worry him today.

Comment

Sure is a big one that’s been eating well. Bet you don’t have many rodents around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Deerguy View Post
                              That snake doesn't fit the common markings for any snake native to Texas. But, there can be quite a bit of variety in color in patterns for some species. This on, if not an escapee from someone's aquarium is very unique. Curious on the size? How tall is that drift fence. If 3-4 feet as it appears, that is a big snake. I'm thinking one of the python varieties.
                              Dude, it’s a friggin rat snake. They all look like that in east Tx...unless they are darker.

Comment

rat snake

Comment

Working...
                                X