Solo Stove vs Breeo fire pits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solo Stove vs Breeo fire pits

Looking at the Solo Yukon and the Breeo 24. Curious what the feedback is on either of these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I was looking for alternatives! Just bought the Breeo24 with the Firemaster Package.

Friend of mine has the solo yukon and can't cook on it and the top ring is always falling off.

Comment

Originally posted by KoonceCrushed View Post
      Thanks, I was looking for alternatives! Just bought the Breeo24 with the Firemaster Package.

Friend of mine has the solo yukon and can't cook on it and the top ring is always falling off.

My buddy has the Breeo and likes it a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

In for the answers. My wife hates fire mostly cause of the smoke and I’m redoing our backyard and want to include a fire pit.

Comment

Following. Never heard of the breeo

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

following

Comment

I have the solo stove bonfire. I like it, but wish I waited for the Yukon because the bonfire needs short-cut wood or it sticks out the top and negates some of the smoke recirculation. Neighbor has a Breeo and I like it, but I do think the solo stove runs with less smoke than the Breeo (when using wood that is fully contained within). The Yukon is pricey though.

The Breeo's cooktop ledge is cool, though the only time he's used it is when I brought over a package of bacon to try it out.

Comment

In. Was about to order a solo stove.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CWP View Post

The Breeo's cooktop ledge is cool, though the only time he's used it is when I brought over a package of bacon to try it out.
                  I was thinking the same thing. It is cool, but wondered how often I would use it with a Big Green Egg sitting not to far away. I could see using the over the fire grill sometimes, but not as often as I probably think I would.

Comment

I have a solo stove and love it. Barely any smoke at all, and you get a complete burn of the wood. The only down side is it is a PIA to empty after the ash falls down in the holes inside it.

Comment

I have a Breeo 24 and using short, dried, post oak, with the bark removed, I still can not get it to stop smoking. Or maybe its that it burns so hot, with the short logs, you are always adding a new stick to it. It is well built, and I bought the grate and pot holder as well. Again, craftsman ship is top notch, but not sure about the smoke thing. My wife hates a fire because of the smoke as well, so she is not impressed with it or the amount that I paid for it.

Comment

In for watching this... I too don't like the smell of smoke in my hair and clothes... Solo seems to be winning

Comment

Some of the video reviews I watched said that neither of them put out much radiant heat as the heat goes upward. However, the sides of the Breeo seemed to get substantially hotter compared to the Solo which should provide a little more radiant heat. Also the Breeo was almost 2x the weight of the Solo, don't know if that makes a difference. I did read where Solo does not recommend leaving it out (even with the cover on it). I like Breeos cooking attachments, but they could also be used with the Solo as they can anchor into the ground.

Comment

I'm leaning towards the Breeo myself. I like the sear plate and grill attachment. Think I read where its made in the USA and the solo in china

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
                              Some of the video reviews I watched said that neither of them put out much radiant heat as the heat goes upward. However, the sides of the Breeo seemed to get substantially hotter compared to the Solo which should provide a little more radiant heat. Also the Breeo was almost 2x the weight of the Solo, don't know if that makes a difference. I did read where Solo does not recommend leaving it out (even with the cover on it). I like Breeos cooking attachments, but they could also be used with the Solo as they can anchor into the ground.
                              You definitely lose some radiant heat versus something more open. Also, as noted, they do not recommend leaving the solo stove out, but mine has been in my front yard for a year now and doesn't look like its had much impact. Maybe a slight patina. Guessing it might take some time off its life, but I guess only time will tell.

Comment

Working...
                              X