How Many Hours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Many Hours?

It's been an exciting season to this point and I've had some great encounters. I have hunted hard this season so far and this weekend will be the first one that I miss before being back at it on Thanksgiving. So far, I have had 36 sits averaging from 4-6 hours each. If I averaged 5 hours per sit that's 180 hours hunting since bow season started. How many hours have you put in?

Two and we got a deer. Can’t wait to get back out there.

Comment

3 sits, one was more of an observation sit though. About 12 hours all together. This afternoon will be my first sit since gun season and I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

Haven’t been yet! Probably make 2 trips in December and that’s it!

Comment

Got around 50 hours in a blind or up a tree and going back for more tomorrow.

Comment

About 195 hours logged, havnt shot anything yet, seen plenty, but not the buck I'm after

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

Comment

Not near as much as I would like.

Comment

the question is or should be, how many hours have you sat in you life?

I've read somewhere before that the avg. sit time per deer killed was about 100 hours, which I'm guessing rules out someone that sits by a feeder for example. I'm talking sits by a game trail, or a known route between feeding/bedding areas, a stand on a pipeline/powerline, stalking, still hunting, etc. etc. ...actually hunting. A lot of scenarios other than just tying a deer to a tether and shooting it.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                  the question is or should be, how many hours have you sat in you life?

I've read somewhere before that the avg. sit time per deer killed was about 100 hours, which I'm guessing rules out someone that sits by a feeder for example. I'm talking sits by a game trail, or a known route between feeding/bedding areas, a stand on a pipeline/powerline, stalking, still hunting, etc. etc. ...actually hunting. A lot of scenarios other than just tying a deer to a tether and shooting it.
                  Well with this being said I probably have no more than 6 hours for my entire hunting career. Geez and I thought I was really dedicated till now.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                    was about 100 hours, which I'm guessing rules out someone that sits by a feeder for example.
                    I'm talking sits by a game trail, etc. ...actually hunting. A lot of scenarios other than just tying a deer to a tether and shooting it.
                    I’ve sat hundreds of hours over a feeder and not killed a deer…..didn’t know I wasn’t actually hunting.

Comment

Maybe 15 hours of blind time before I killed my buck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've got about around 50 hours so far with one doe shot. Daylight Savings time and duck season are really cutting into my stand time now. Can't make it into a stand after work fast enough and weekend mornings I now will have a 12 gauge in hand most the time.

Comment

I’m at about 40 and haven’t seen anything I can’t live without.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

When we had access to land that was much closer, I probably logged in 100+ hours in the stand or spot/stalking. Now that my hunting place is 5+ hours away, I've relied more heavily on cellular cams to pattern deer. When I see a good buck falling into a pattern on camera, I'm more strategic on when I go hunt.

I know my body doesn't miss sitting in a blind all day, all the time. That gets rough.

Comment

38 sits to date, and will be on the river after work for another. Weekday hunts on average are 2 - 2.5 hour sits and weekends are approximate 4 - 4.5 hours per.

Best of luck to all and stay after them.

Rwc

Comment

Working...
                              X