Winter weather is coming, get ready

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rtp View Post
    So are we getting some cool weather soon or not? The 14 day Im looking at show more above average temps for the most part. Im tired of sweating my balls off while hunting this year.
    I've seen more than one prediction that we will have above average temps for the month of December.

It sure takes the fun out of deer hunting when I have to sit in a blind and sweat like a whore in church.

Comment

First day of December and it’s shorts and flip flop weather. Man I do love Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
        I've seen more than one prediction that we will have above average temps for the month of December.

It sure takes the fun out of deer hunting when I have to sit in a blind and sweat like a whore in church.
        I cant tell you how many times this year Ive been sitting in my blind(s) with nothing on but my drawers. Brutal!

Comment

Here is a really easy to understand article on the major teleconnections that impact our weather in the lower 48. Basically brief cold next week, generally north of us in the upper Midwest, then back to normal for middle of the month. End of month hopefully brings some changes, I’m sick of this. But when cold weather stays bottled up north for an extended period, it generally unleashes with a vengeance.

Last edited by Playa; 12-01-2021, 10:33 PM.

Comment

I would really like to have rain. It has been a very dry fall.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
              Being from Wisconsin, I used to say this. Now I would rather hot than cold. Can always drink more cold beverages in the heat. Once the body is cold, it's an ordeal to get it warmed back up.
              I agree. There is a limit to how much you can put on and once you are bone cold, you need outside heat to warm up. Plus, in the heat, I can work at night with lights. I can take a nap in the heat. I can cool off by taking a cold shower, drinking cold drinks, or playing in the stock tank.

Comment

This one sure didn’t age well… I’m still hunting in shorts ��

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
                  I have lurked on a weather forum for a couple of years now to see what professional and amateur meteorologists have to say about our weather. Well, in January several posters were talking about a possible nasty cold spell coming up in a month. Typically winter weather is VERY hard to predict here in Texas, and they freely admit that, but all the models and signs stayed lined up for that storm.

Well, those same people and weather models are once again saying winter weather is on its way, and they have all been consistently stating this for a few weeks. They could be off by a few days, but the models are consistently showing colder than normal weather coming in late the first week to the second week in December. The long range models are showing another cold spell coming in sometime close to or around Christmas.

If you’ve been putting off doing any winterizing, now is the time to do it. Here is the thread where they have been talking about this………

http://www.storm2k.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=121994

Your weather guys need to hurry up. It’s supposed to be 80 here in Longview Thursday. They might have been slightly off….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                    Your weather guys need to hurry up. It’s supposed to be 80 here in Longview Thursday. They might have been slightly off….

Going to be 86 here in centex

Comment

I’ve got a fireplace with a blower unit
                      I’ve got a pre-wired manual switch box with 9 circuits pre-wired ready for generator connection
                      Now I just need to get a generator & was planning to cut more wood but it’s dang near been too warm to cut wood

Comment

Here's a little podcast on what may be coming in for the rest of December and how it may affect you all.
                        This guy is usually pretty accurate on our weather.
                        Good news for those going to the mountains for New Years or Christmas it sounds like.

Wyoming and region forecast conversation. Released weekdays at after 5:00 AM Mountain Time.

Comment

If we wait long enough, I guess this post maybe true at some point

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post

The system that looked like it was going to come our way is going further north than expected. Kansas and Oklahoma look like they are going to take the brunt of it.

The primary blocking that is keeping the cold away from us is still in place but there are signs that it is weakening. Once it releases its stronghold, that is when we really have to watch things. A repeat of last February is still a strong possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
                              The system that looked like it was going to come our way is going further north than expected. Kansas and Oklahoma look like they are going to take the brunt of it.

The primary blocking that is keeping the cold away from us is still in place but there are signs that it is weakening. Once it releases its stronghold, that is when we really have to watch things. A repeat of last February is still a strong possibility.
                              We will continue to get only glancing blows as these systems stay further north and quickly move off to the northeast. Not only has it been warmer but now drier. Comparing any potential future systems to the mega cold storm last February is pure fantasy at this point and until things change we will continue to get only brief cool downs as the trajectory keeps them to the northeast.

Comment

Wake me up before the snow blow

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X