No announcement yet.

Specialty Pistol success on Nilgai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting. I bet you have to put your hat back on after every shot?

Comment

Outstanding! Handgun Nilgai is high on my bucket list. Congrats!!

Comment

Pretty good deal. My brother did the same thing on a couple of whitetail bucks years ago. Shot one, dropped it in it's tracks, went up the hill to get it, a identical buck jumped up out of the grass, so he shot it, thinking it was the deer he already shot. Then he tripped over the first one, on the way to get what turned out to be the second one.

To do basically the same thing with nilgai would be amazing in one way, the bad in another. Lucky for you, you were using a guide. Would have been a lot of work to cut up both by yourself.

Comment

Wow what a great hunt congrats!

Comment

Specialty Pistol success on Nilgai

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
            Pretty good deal. My brother did the same thing on a couple of whitetail bucks years ago. Shot one, dropped it in it's tracks, went up the hill to get it, a identical buck jumped up out of the grass, so he shot it, thinking it was the deer he already shot. Then he tripped over the first one, on the way to get what turned out to be the second one.

To do basically the same thing with nilgai would be amazing in one way, the bad in another. Lucky for you, you were using a guide. Would have been a lot of work to cut up both by yourself.

Was a good deal. Guide and I both went home with almost 300 pounds of meat each, and I with a bull worthy of a shoulder mount and another for a skull mount and only cost me a couple ribeyes and the fuel to get down there. I’m blessed beyond belief…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Last edited by TXBRASS; 11-30-2021, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
              I can’t even imagine that kind of success on 3 different Nilgai. Been several times with a rifle and it’s a tremendous challenge. Mucho congratulations on you accomplishments sir.

God’s hand was on it all. It all came together absolutely perfectly. Was the hunt of a lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                That’s a serious hunk of pistol ! Congrats !

She’s a BEAST…..

Comment

Originally posted by Austin View Post
                  If the bullet didn’t get em I bet the sound wave would!

You definitely wouldn’t want to pull the trigger without hearing protection…..

Comment

Originally posted by Mule Skinner View Post
                    Very cool, congrats! My wallet is hurting just thinking about such a hunt.

Only cost me some ribeyes and the fuel to get down there and back. Now the taxidermy and processing bill will be a tad, but that’s what life is about sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by ag111 View Post
                      Nice Animal! Probably not the ideal pistol for concealed carry I’m guessing.

She will print if you wear a T-shirt for sure!!! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by toledo View Post
                        Interesting. I bet you have to put your hat back on after every shot?

You definitely feel it in the face when the trigger breaks….. ADDICTED to that feeling….

Comment

That is a man sized hand cannon!
                          Congrats!

Comment

Where dose one get such a pistol pm me with details please

Comment

Originally posted by Buck hunter332 View Post
                              Where dose one get such a pistol pm me with details please

Custom made from either a Remington XP100 Action (handgun designated) or from a virgin Remington 700 action. (Undesignated)

Comment

Congratulations on an awesome hunt!

It's kinda hard for me to consider that a hand held rifle is a pistol, but I get it

Comment

Working...
                                X